“Chilled out and friendly home from home.”
Review of Bed and Net

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bed and Net
Ranked #206 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Chilled out and friendly home from home.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in the top floor apartment. We were very warmly greeted by a guy called Martin who gave us a quick guided tour of everything we needed to know. As it rained the entire weekend, we were glad of the large TV screen and attached computer with over 2000 movies. The place has free wi-fi. It's in a brilliant central location, 2 minutes from Rembrandtplein and you can smoke. It felt safe and secure. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor room toilet has very little privacy....!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank flyingscotsman2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix Arizona
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This was my second stay here. This time I brought my wife for our anniversary since she retired. We stayed for 3 weeks and didn't want to leave. I like a place that I feel comfortable in. Motels in the same price range and higher in Amsterdam don't compare. This house feels more like your staying with a relative you like. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in any reasonable way. Our room was very clean! We had apartment #2 with an amazing view of the Utrechtstraat and Kiezargraacht intersection.
There is plenty of room and relaxing in the lounge down stairs is a nice alternative to the room. There are plenty of good restaurants near by of various price ranges. If you like french, Cafe Bounjour across the street is wonderful. The Cheese Croisants at Tromp down the street are amazing!
You will be centrally located with quick access to trams and walking distance to everything.
The stairs are steep like every old Dutch house. But they are safe and easy and wide on the first 2 floors. Like any place in the center of Amsterdam, a good set of ear plugs helps to get a good sleep. There is always something happening that makes a little noise outside.
If you want to have a Dutch experience without the impersonal hotels, this is the spot to start it off!
I'll be back again in two years and this will be the place I stay!

Room Tip: Be yourself! You will have a great time. Stay a week if your smart!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJVaughnDOTcom
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have stayed here many times over the past 15 years and always a great experience. The location is worth the stay but also to be welcomed so warmly by Allen is the icing on the cake. The view from the Apartments is one the most unique experiences you will ever have if you like people watching. This is a 17th century house so if you want a elevator or really wide stairs this is not the place for you. But if you want to be in a real canal house with really friendly owner on site the this is your best bet.
And always having a great computer and now large screens in the room is a huge plus!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank pablo_espanol
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This place exceeded our expectations. When i arrived i immediately felt welcome by the chill staff and people staying there. It is very comfortable and truly a home away from home. We even were upgraded to the "Pent-house-suite" for a couple nights which was great (although it was quite a hike up there) but totally worth it, With a million movies to choose from on the hard drive and a music library to keep you downloading for days...this is way better than any hotel or hostel you will ever book. It's important to feel comfortable and oriented early on in your travels, and this place delivers!
thanks a million Allan! Oh, and if you meet Zoe...make sure you throw out a few trivia questions her way.
luv,
Jayla and Heath

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayla2011
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed at Bed and Net for a vacation. I loved this place. I don't have a canal facing room. I think, I had one of the smaller rooms compared to others and I thought our room was big, spacious and clean. The bathroom is clean with heated tile floor and hot water. The bed was comfortable. I loved my room, felt at home and got the best nights sleep. Everything seems new, crisp and clean.

Having never been to Amsterdam, I was a little worried about the location being so close to the train station and the Red light disctrict. Let me reassure you. The location is perfectly fine. I walked, with luggage to Hotel from the train station without any problems.

There is free wi-fi, movies to watch in your room, and a community computer in the lobby. The tea and coffee is even fabulous. I felt like they were family. I even like the music they played during time.
The owner is wonderful. Easy to understand, when I ask about Amstedam on every day. He kindly told me. We talked a lot about travel. I can say enough about Bed and Net. I would stay here again and recommend this place to everyone.
The best!!! awesome place!!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank oliviasook
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Went to Amsterdam with 2 of my friends (3 20something guys) and it was great. It's run by a Canadian who's lived in Amsterdam for a while and he knows what he's doing. When we were there most rooms were available so we decided to try out a couple different ones (with our eye on the Penthouse). They were all great, had clean and problem-free bathrooms and our rooms were discretely cleaned during the day when we were out. Most of the rooms have a computer in them (connected to the net) and the Penthouse specifically has a big screen tv and a fully operational kitchen + rooftop patio.
It's not the most "stylish" place out there but it's everything you need to be able to really enjoy Amsterdam. Close to most sites and sounds or within walking distance (best way to see Amsterdam, either rent a bike or walk). Has a great little family run dutch grocery store underneath it (very delicious food and fruits) and best of all Allan was a great host and will help you out with whatever you need.
And the best thing of all, there are no hassles. Just be respectful of other guests and you'll be good to go!

Whenever i go back to Amsterdam, there's a very good chance that i'll be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank dchoubak
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 March 2011

What can I say, we got lucky with this one. Me and two other buddies who were studying our Hotel Management Courses in Switzerland wanted to visit magical Amsterdam and ended up finding Get Lucky through a recommendation of a friend. We called in, booked a week in advance and got there with Allan by the door welcoming us in. And the place is exactly what me and my buddies were looking for, homey and just "something else" compared to all these usual normal and cliche hotels/hostels you find all over the place. The staff was always friendly and Allan himself is a great host, not to mention the location being situated walking distance from anything we wanted to find, it was not too far and not too near to the hustle of the city center. A previous post mentioned that it scared away all the right people who simply did not belong in that environment, all the snooty "shopping for Champagne on an Orange juice budget" kinda people were definitely not the type to be found there and that is exactly what me and my buddies were looking for when going on an adventurous trip in Amsterdam. My favourite rooms were the bottom one, rustic and tribal themed with a beamer inside and a huge flat screen, not to mention the big sofas and hang out space you get with it, and the penthouse rocked our world! We hung out on the penthouse deck one sunny afternoon and thought we couldn't get it any better than this, compared to any of the 5 star hotels you pay an arm and a leg for just to be told all the things you can't do in your room.

The host, Allan, was always ready to make a recommendation as to where are the cool spots to check out in the city and never hesitated to lend us a helping hand if we needed advice on what else we could get up to. The other guests were our kind of people, adventurous and outgoing, all in all i would say it was more of a cozy, homey and community kinda place where people could mingle and enjoy their trip together. like i said, we got lucky!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends