“In the Hard of Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bed and Net

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bed and Net
Ranked #208 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Zagreb
“In the Hard of Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Allens Place,

Is maybe the last freaky Place in Town. You will find interesting People there, artist, painter or just
some ones there like to have good times in City.

Its not the Place to stay as a Buissenes traverler, ist more a place too feel the puls of A-Damm.
Every Appartment have his own PC with Internet, Friger, TV an many, many, Movies.

You have your own cucking station, waht makes easy to get your daily food by your self.
The place is centeral and you can walk to the Waterloo flee market.

Nice Place!!!

Room Tip: Call soon as possible
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank King-Frederik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Fur was simply everywhere. We stayed in a double room. They even didn't hoover a floor. Under a shower there were a lot of hair all the time.
I'm really glad that I didn't catch any disease there.

Location is good, but you should look for other place to stay

• Stayed September 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed here for a weekend in the top floor apartment. We were very warmly greeted by a guy called Martin who gave us a quick guided tour of everything we needed to know. As it rained the entire weekend, we were glad of the large TV screen and attached computer with over 2000 movies. The place has free wi-fi. It's in a brilliant central location, 2 minutes from Rembrandtplein and you can smoke. It felt safe and secure. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor room toilet has very little privacy....!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank flyingscotsman2
Phoenix Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

This was my second stay here. This time I brought my wife for our anniversary since she retired. We stayed for 3 weeks and didn't want to leave. I like a place that I feel comfortable in. Motels in the same price range and higher in Amsterdam don't compare. This house feels more like your staying with a relative you like. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in any reasonable way. Our room was very clean! We had apartment #2 with an amazing view of the Utrechtstraat and Kiezargraacht intersection.
There is plenty of room and relaxing in the lounge down stairs is a nice alternative to the room. There are plenty of good restaurants near by of various price ranges. If you like french, Cafe Bounjour across the street is wonderful. The Cheese Croisants at Tromp down the street are amazing!
You will be centrally located with quick access to trams and walking distance to everything.
The stairs are steep like every old Dutch house. But they are safe and easy and wide on the first 2 floors. Like any place in the center of Amsterdam, a good set of ear plugs helps to get a good sleep. There is always something happening that makes a little noise outside.
If you want to have a Dutch experience without the impersonal hotels, this is the spot to start it off!
I'll be back again in two years and this will be the place I stay!

Room Tip: Be yourself! You will have a great time. Stay a week if your smart!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AJVaughnDOTcom
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have stayed here many times over the past 15 years and always a great experience. The location is worth the stay but also to be welcomed so warmly by Allen is the icing on the cake. The view from the Apartments is one the most unique experiences you will ever have if you like people watching. This is a 17th century house so if you want a elevator or really wide stairs this is not the place for you. But if you want to be in a real canal house with really friendly owner on site the this is your best bet.
And always having a great computer and now large screens in the room is a huge plus!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank pablo_espanol
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

This place exceeded our expectations. When i arrived i immediately felt welcome by the chill staff and people staying there. It is very comfortable and truly a home away from home. We even were upgraded to the "Pent-house-suite" for a couple nights which was great (although it was quite a hike up there) but totally worth it, With a million movies to choose from on the hard drive and a music library to keep you downloading for days...this is way better than any hotel or hostel you will ever book. It's important to feel comfortable and oriented early on in your travels, and this place delivers!
thanks a million Allan! Oh, and if you meet Zoe...make sure you throw out a few trivia questions her way.
luv,
Jayla and Heath

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayla2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I stayed at Bed and Net for a vacation. I loved this place. I don't have a canal facing room. I think, I had one of the smaller rooms compared to others and I thought our room was big, spacious and clean. The bathroom is clean with heated tile floor and hot water. The bed was comfortable. I loved my room, felt at home and got the best nights sleep. Everything seems new, crisp and clean.

Having never been to Amsterdam, I was a little worried about the location being so close to the train station and the Red light disctrict. Let me reassure you. The location is perfectly fine. I walked, with luggage to Hotel from the train station without any problems.

There is free wi-fi, movies to watch in your room, and a community computer in the lobby. The tea and coffee is even fabulous. I felt like they were family. I even like the music they played during time.
The owner is wonderful. Easy to understand, when I ask about Amstedam on every day. He kindly told me. We talked a lot about travel. I can say enough about Bed and Net. I would stay here again and recommend this place to everyone.
The best!!! awesome place!!!

• Stayed June 2010