“Terrible pricey Hotel”
Review of Tourist Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tourist Inn
Ranked #280 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for 1 night (thank God it was so short). I think its the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. It was very expensive for what you got. €150 for a double room.

It did actually have a double bed in it which was comfortable, but the rest of the room was very small and the toilet was tiny and looked more like something you would find in a road side motel. The room also had graffiti all over the wall, which is nice if your 15 years old i suppose.

It was also very noisy in the night, with people walking in and out of their rooms and doors slamming all night.

The breakfast was also very late, 8am, so we couldnt make it since we had to leave before that in the morning.

I guess its a nice hotel if you're a big group of young people and you just come to Amsterdam to party.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jander24

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed here for £115 for 3 nights with breakfast over new year; didn't have very high expectations as our priority was just to get a cheap deal but the hostel was actually a pleasant surprise. The rooms (10 of us in two 5-bed rooms), showers and bathrooms were very clean and the beds really comfortable with thick duvets. Never managed to make breakfast so can't comment on that :-) The location was great for us too, a short walk from shops (including a supermarket), bars, restaurants and the red light district (2 right outside our bedroom window but there wasn't any trouble!) An amazing city, best New Year ever :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2012

shared bathroom was ok as toilet & shower was seperate, however we werent in the main hotel we were about ten meters behind, was as few 'red light windows' as expected, in amsetrdam. would recommend the cafe at the end of the road nice guy and remember us. we did ask if we could up grade as there was room as being on the third floor with no lift and steep stairs was the only down sides. hotel is near dam square which is handy and there also a few coffee shops on the same road. clean towels every day and for the travellers there is hand and body wash in the shower which i thought was a nice touch. recertion staff are 24 hours and there is sercuity cameas and door code for the building.

Room Tip: try and get a en suite as then the building your in has a lift. but where we stayed would be FAB for...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Had a quad room for first night but your own ensuite was across the hall!!! Moved to a twin room and these were spot on and would recommend and the breakfasts were ok ! Don't think I will return to Amsterdam but if I did would book this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel has a nice location. It has coffee shop near it and some "girl windows" on the back of the street, keep that in mind. And as everything in Amsterdam, it's quite narrow. It's not so cheap, but nothing in Amsterdam is.

There is a misleading information over the internet that are are smoker rooms, as there is no smoking in the entire hotel! The breakfast was quite nice. The staff is helpful, but the rooms (the bathroom) was not cleaned during our 3 day stay, it wasn't such a problem, I'm just saying it. There was a TV, an AC and a free Wi-Fi in our double room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel is nice, the staff is very helpful and the rooms are pretty much the same as you see in the photos, the only thing I did not like was the bathroom, maybe because I had to share it with other people. My experience was in the rooms for 6 persons and I was lucky because I share it only with a friend of mine and another person. The hotel and the room was clean, lets say it was really what I was expecting. The entrance (hall and the place for breakfast) is cosy and very young. If I return maybe I will come to this hotel.

Good things:
- location is excelente (in centrum)
- Nice breakfast included.
- Wifi

Bad things:
- Share bathroom and they are really small!
- No discounts for activities or other things.

Room Tip: My room was ok but I don´t remember in wich side it was turned...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Small rooms, noisy, no hot water in the morning, there was no wi-FI connection in our room. Location is perfect, very close to the Central Station and city centre

• Stayed: May 2012