“For the price fairly good”
Review of Tourist Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tourist Inn
Ranked #286 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Got twin room to share with my Girlfriend, fair enough, thats what we ordered and I guess there were no doublerooms left. This hotel has two buildings, the separate one is in small and during night pretty scary street, but fair enough. Room was tiny, but nothing I could not live with. Worse thing was ongoing construction site in the part of hotel we lived in, which resulted in being awaken very early morning(7 am). The hotel as itself was very loud and I could clearly hear ppl talking in next room during evening. Electricity was off every now and then, probably because of the construction works on the hotel. Only one tiny shower for whole floor(4 rooms) that got stuck and water started leaking everywhere. Two small toilets, one with annoying 'movement' sensor that goes off as soon as you sit down, so you end up waving at the sensor for a little moment of light. Only spot where you could easily reach wifi was toilet. In the room the signal was very weak and you could not access internet

In overall I was not happy because of the workers there and electricity being off every now and then. I believe however, that for the price, if the work is being done, this can be OK place to sleep.

Breakfast was average. Nothing extra, but satisfying.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed two days on this hotel, and if it weren't because I love Amsterdam, this would have been a horrible experience.
We rented the private room with bathroom, The bathroom was really dirty, hairs, dirt, and the mirror dirty, and the walls of the bathroom it was like someone spread butter all over it, it was greasy and yellowish.
The windows were equally greasy and clearly haven't been washed in a long time, if ever.
We talked to the receptionist and manager (as he was the receptionist the next day) and even though the manager seemed to agree with our complaint, nothing got properly clean for the second night.
The WiFi signal was pretty much nonexistent in our room, impossible to check emails even.
Breakfast is not amazing, it's just ok-average.
The location of this hotel is great, but if you are looking for a clean basic room, you can do way better than this for the price. Maybe the shared rooms are worth the price, but don't pay the extra for the private.
If you are looking for a hostel it's probably not bad, if you need a private room stay away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I loved this place. I had a single room with a very comfortable bed and funky city-scape wallpaper. The hotel staff were really kind, and the breakfast was delicious. The morning music in the breakfast nook was, um, thrilling for such an early hour, but the front desk guy had been up most of the night, so it made sense that he wanted some tunes to see him through until sunrise.

There's a laundry place right around the corner that changes almost nothing. This place is close to everything - maybe a five minute walk to dam square, and probably 10-ish to the train station.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CDMG123
Reviewed 9 August 2013

It's a small hotel but it has a lift, which helped with my many bags, and a reasonable breakfast. The receptionist was really helpfull and gave me a lot of information about the region and about the attractions that I wanted to vist. The room is really, really small and the bathroom is out of the room. The hotel is located in the Red Light District which I thought was pretty cool! The only problem is that many young hosted there arrived during all night drunk and doing much noise including of vomiting in their bathrooms. The apartaments are NOT soundproof.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

At first arriving, the hostel seemed pretty good. The location is central and close to the Grand Centraal Station, although the downside was that it was close to a lot of coffeeshops. The main building, where the front desk is, was in a modern building with A/C (which was nice on a hot summer day). However, when they gave us the keys to our room (4-bed with shared bath), they told us our room was in a separate building on the other side of the back street. This second building had NO A/C (even though they advertised A/C in the hostel's website) and had one window that looked over the hallway. Because of this, there was no flow of air. Even when it was cool outside in the evenings, it was hot and stagnent in the room. There was also a brothel right next to the second building where our room was at. The people staying in the rooms around us were EXTREMELY LOUD all night long. They were slamming doors, yelling, and running up and down the stairs until 4 in the morning. The walls are paper thin, so every little noise shook our entire room. Even with my ear plugs, I could not sleep due to the noise. The front desk clerk came and told them to quiet down, but unfortunately it did not help much.

I would NOT recommend to stay at this hostel, nor in this area of town. Sure, it is central, but it's too full of your typical American weed-smoking tourists that are just looking to party. If you're going to Amsterdam for its history and architectural beauty, I would recommend staying elsewhere and paying more for a nicer stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a private bathroom. Confirm that your room has A/C.