“Just what we needed”
Review of Tourist Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Tourist Inn
Ranked #281 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2005

What a pleasant surprise to find such an affordable hotel with everything we needed, without having to ride the bus to get everywhere. It had cleanliness, free internet, free coffee, friendly helpful staff, good breakfasts, and character It is situated right on the Singel Canal and is walking distance from the train station and downtown. Since this is an old canal house, the beds are tiny and the stairs are steep. They were putting new tiles in the hallway bathroom shower while we were there. Yes, we did meet potsmoking people there, and I was nervous because I am over 50, but we felt very welcome. I would certainly go back.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2005

Lets get things straight, This place is great if you don’t mind some compromise.

I stayed on the Top Floor (Third Floor) Room 12, which I must say had its advantage..

On the good side :

No People traipsing past your door when you eventually get back (My Room).
It’s a Room
It’s Dry
It’s Secure
The people are friendly enough
It’s Cheep
The Sheets are clean
Clean Toilets

On the Bad Side :

Three Single beds and a Matress in the room
In need of decoration
Beds look like they come from a prison
Stairs are so steep near the top they are more like a carpeted ladder on steroids.
You can have breakfast and Drinks if you do it yourself and buy the ingredients.
The Shower just has a small shelf to put all your stuff on.

Personally I will stay elsewhere next time I am over in the dam.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blackburn
Reviewed 18 May 2005

The bedrooms were grotty. I was on the top floor and the stairs were like climbing a sheer rock face, I had climb up them on my hands and knees as they were not wide enough to take my foot. Wardrobe just an empty shell without a rail. I got two fried eggs thrown at me for breakfast. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Do yoursef a favour give it a miss!!

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
alabama
Reviewed 25 February 2005

the owners of this hotel own another just down the street. we stayed there almost a month... it is a great place to have a home base for a long term visit. they are very sweet people, helpful, and there are lots of freebies included in the price of your room... i would stay here time and time again...

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2005

This place is brilliant like staying with friends I will go there every time I am in Amsterdam. They are so friendly they helped us out a lot. I did wake up for breakfasts and they were great. When we left we were all friends. Lovely friendly and fun!! I love Hotel Brian :)

2  Thank ssax2n
Chorley, Lancashire
Reviewed 5 January 2005

the hotel is small, clean, friendly, nice food apparently (i didnt get up!!) . the water was hot and the shower was clean. they has enough loo roll which is a plesent change in a shared bathroom. Great value for money, i will be visiting Hotel Brian again soon. the only drawback was the steep stairs but its the same everywhere in dam! lovely place with colourful staff!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 25 November 2004

Very good place very friendly staff, for the price its very good with no curfew relaxed rules. overall a excellent place to stay.definitly the best bet in town.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member