Seven Bridges Hotel
US$142
US$307
US$249
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$142
US$364
US$281
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$461
US$333
  • Room Service
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$153
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden roomantique furniturecanal houserembrandt squaresmall hotelcharming hotelmemory foambeautiful canalsmall refrigeratorwithin walking distancethe main hoteltop floorsteep staircaseamsterdam experiencefour nightsno elevatorlarge windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I won't say anything new: this is a truly lovely, comfortable place, more like a B&B than hotel. We stayed in room 8 because it had two beds. Garden view. I didn't mind it not looking over the canal, we had the canals all day. I saw many of the other rooms and they were all beautiful. The only cons would be the aforementioned stairs, which were a bit difficult with the bags, but really not a big deal for the able-bodied. And I thought the bed was too hard for my liking, but that's a matter of personal preference. The location is great, on a quiet canal street, within walking distance of anywhere I would want to go. I am so glad we got a room here, it is truly charming. Much better than any generic hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank annaboat
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I cannot recommend Seven Bridges any more highly. We booked at the last minute and were surprised and delighted to be able to secure Canal View Room B in the "second house" for a week's stay in mid-June. What a fabulous time we had.

From the booking procedures to all the local information they provided, our hosts were perfect -- providing as much service as we needed, or allowing us all the priviacy we wanted. I was accomodated with an extra mattress which fit perfectly in the adjoining room, providing another private sleeping space which we did not anticipate.

Having a fridge and microwave was great, and they even provided small extras like a coffee cone and filters. Noise is generally not an issue for me, so the location on the canal more than offset the activities of some late night "stumblers." For us, the location was perfect, and within easy walking distance of anything you would like to see in the canal zone, including the Central train station. If walking is not your thing, there is a Tram stop one block away.

I'm ready to go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: Bottom floor is much more noisy as building entrance door is on a pressure hinge and closes firmly with each exit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank capdood
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I cannot disagree with the virtues expressed about this little hotel, its location, friendly proprietor etc - so I add a few points. Free wi- fi excellent/ a radio as well as Tv in room - latter meant I could wztch BBC/ they no longer serve breakfast but plenty of cafes near/ due to building work at back I was given a small reduction from the bill. Do be aware that they are not joking about the stairs they are Very narrow and steep and not suitable for anyone with any walking difficulties.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Seven bridges are in an ideal location in Amsterdam, close to Rembrandt square that is teeming with nightlife. Street noise on the canal side of the building was moderate, but not overwhelming. The staff was helpful when needed, but mostly left guests to themselves. The room was clean and comfortable, the bathrooms were large, and the bed had a very comfortable memory foam mattress. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank karen l
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is a lovely hotel in a great quite location near Rembrandt Square so there are lots of amenities nearby. The rooms are amazing - large with good sized bathrooms and very hot water. The rooms are just as they appear on the website (sometime I have found this not to be the case). I felt our room was a good value for the money. The fellows that run the hotel are very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple