“Home away from home in wonderful Amsterdam” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Bridges Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Ranked #73 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Auckland NZ
“Home away from home in wonderful Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

This was our second visit to this hotel - the first having been in 1994! It was immediately refreshing to see that nothing about the warmth, friendliness and character of the place had changed.

The location is very good, on a lovely canal a short walk from Rembrandt square and easy walking distance to just about everywhere you'd want to explore in old Amsterdam. Considering the good location the hotel is very well priced.

The room was very clean, and beautifully furnished. Room 7 was perhaps slightly smaller than it appeared on the website, but let me immediately say this 'camera artefact' is mentioned on the website and once settled in we found the room size to be quite adequate.

The breakfasts, hand delivered to your room every morning, are wonderful. I don't mind admitting they were a highlight of our stay this time, as they were in 1994.

The staff are wonderful, and they truly do want you to have a positive experience! To this end they are at pains to point out the possible reasons not to stay at this hotel. No hotel can be all things to all people, and if you require an on-site restaurant, 24 hour room service, business facilities etc. this is of course not the hotel for you. If you are not of good health or travelling with heavy luggage, it is worth paying particular attention to what they disclose about the staircase.

However if you are an intrepid traveller looking for quality, style, some peace and quiet in a great location in a wonderful city then you need look no further.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
vancouver bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

A lovely canal house in the best area of the city to walk anywhere and everywhere. Gunter and his staff really made us feel at home for the 19 nights we spent with them. We'd do it again in a heart-beat.
Canal room C was beautiful decorated and made us feel so at home.

1 Thank cliadeltabc
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

Niether my boyfriend or I had ever been to Amsterdam before so we didn't know anything about the area or where to stay. I looked to Tripadvisor and picked the Seven Bridges based on all the positive reviews. I am so glad that I did!

Since we are students, we have a pretty tight budget and booked Garden Room 3 for 90 euros a night. It says on the website that the bathrrom is "miniscule" but we found it to be more then adequate.

The service was excellent and the men who worked there were always friendly and helpful. What really set this place apart from everywhere else I've stayed was the breakfast. It was huge and and delicious. From the yogurt to the bread to the meat, it was absolutely amazing.

Also, the location turned out to be just about perfect. We hadn't realized how small Amsterdam really is and were able to walk everywhere. The only time we didn't walk was when we had to go to the train station with all of our luggage but even that was easy since the tram was just a short walk away.

All in all, this place was amazing and definitely made our trip that much better. Stay here!

2 Thank sscheg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

I recently stayed in garden room 3 for 18 nights. I travel regularly to Europe and the Seven Bridges Hotel quickly became my favorite hotel. I have nothing but praise. The hotel is meticulously run. From checking in to checking out, everything goes smoothly. If you need anything you just need to ask. This hotel must be seen to be believed. It is so charming and offers a unique experience. After the craziness experienced in the streets, esp. Queen’s Day, it is so relaxing and comforting to come back here. One major plus for this hotel is that it is quiet. The maid is not outside your door banging into the walls at the crack of dawn. There isn’t screaming in the hallways like you experience at larger hotels. Gunther and Pierre make you feel like family. The location can’t be beat. It is at most a 20-minute walk to anywhere you need to go, including Central Station. I loved being in room 3. It was perfect for a solo traveler although I think 2 people could comfortably stay here. I loved the décor. It was great being in the back so I could not hear the noises from the street. Besides the beauty of the rooms the outside is fabulous. It was amazing to stay on the canal – absolutely picture perfect! Another plus is that you can borrow a laptop for a few hours to take to your room. The breakfast is unbelievable. It was so plentiful that I was able to eat some of it for lunch and keep some for a late night snack. This hotel is worth every penny. I will definitely stay here the next time that I visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathy_R-Philly
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

I just spent 4 nights at Seven Bridges Hotel and I feel so blessed that I found this little Gem in a city with so many options. I stayed in #9 and it was perfect for a solo traveler. I had a bad experience my first night in the city and when I shared it with the management he assured me it was not the normal Amsterdam experience. When I returned to my room later that day there was a hugh bouguet for red tulips there to cheer me up.

The location was perfect...very quiet but alot of action just around the corners.
If you stay here ask them to arrange a taxi from John to pick you up from the airport/train station. They get a special hotel rate. The cabs @ Central station will overcharge you...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank sallyppp
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

We just got back from Amsterdam and one of our fondest memories will be the Seven Bridges. The proprietors, Erik and Gunther couldn't have been more helpful. We had an issue with Fed Ex. and they went out of their way to help us alleviate the situation.

You couldn't beat the breakfast every morning or the location. You are right up the road from Rembrandtsplein, which has a number of restaurants and bars and about a 15 minute walk to Anne Frank's house, along some very pretty canals. Also just a short tram ride to Central Station. It's located right on the canal in a very historic area of Amsterdam. Be aware that there are no elevators and the stairs are very narrow and steep. We definitely will stay here the next time we are in Amsterdam!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickdanger17
Eagle, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

This hotel is wonderful with one caveat.

The location is great-a few blocks from Rembrandt Plein and an easy walk to almost everywhere in Amsterdam. It sits on a canal within view of several others and numerous bridges in a quiet neighborhood. It is an easy walk from the tram.

The rooms are great-we stayed in 2 rooms both on the top floor. The first was garden side and the second canal side. Both were quiet and comfortable and clean with antiques and adequate baths and modern amenities.

The innkeepers were wonderful. Friendly and gracious with helpful info.

Our breakfasts were brought to the room every morning with pots of tea and coffee, croissants, breads, cheeses, fruit, yogurt and fresh juice. Very ample.

The only problem was the stairs to the room. Though well documented by the innkeeper who ahead of our visit, warned the stairs were steep and they provided no help with bags, they were still formidable. Steep is an understatement and narrow needs another adjective to fully explain how tough they were to navigate with luggage.

All that said, I would go for a room on the lower floors in a heartbeat and if I were younger I would stay up top again. Think of it as a challenge.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple