“Excellent, beautiful hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Ranked #85 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Natick, Massachusetts
“Excellent, beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Gorgeous room, garden room #5. With private, flower-filled patio. The room is beautiful, owners extremely nice and helpful, breakfasts lovely. Perfect location. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Planned on staying 5 nights, and ended up there 7 nights due to the volcanic ash. Owners were very helpful, and graciously let us stay in our same room. We had actually made arrangements for 3 more nights, but unexpectedly got a flight back to the states. We stayed in room #9, 46 winding steps to reach it, but would do it again! Did experience some occasional street noise (drunks walking by), but the hotel provides ear plugs and it wasn't that bad. (Never heard any noise from the other rooms). Great location, good restaurants in the neighborhood, and yes the breakfast was very good and very generous.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MARWisconsin
Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We stayed here five nights, and enjoyed it very much. The hotel is on a canal, and convenient to museums, etc and public transportation. Our room was in the back of the building facing the garden, so it was nice and quiet. The room was large with a nice bath, and gorgeous antique furniture. The owners couldn't have been nicer, and were able to get us into our room quickly after our overnight flight. Another nice touch is the huge breakfast that's delivered to your room every morning to start your day right. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HenrySWashington_DC
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 April 2010

This is a classy little hotel. This review is a little overdue since my wife and I stayed there last September. Not only did we love Amsterdam but we loved this place. Just looking at some of the pictures today while reading some of the reviews made me homesick to be back there. It is a great location on the canal and as mentioned in many reviews, it is convenient to everything. My wife and I were there for 10 days and walked everywhere we went.

We arrived early before check in and were given a place to store our luggage while we did some sight seeing before our room was ready. We stayed in room 9 and loved the view. We did not mind the steep stairs because when we left in the morning, we were gone all day. It was a little noisy on the weekend but earplugs were available in the room and during the rest of the week, noise was not a problem.

It is no doubt in my mind that the furnishings were unique because I was certainly impressed. I can't imagine this kind of antiques in most hotels.

The breakfasts were great and huge. Breakfast was brought to your room each morning at the time you specified and served on china. I certainly don't require china for breakfast but if one is going to do a review, they should tell it like it is. The Seven Bridges Hotel serves their breakfasts on china! If memory serves me correctly there was a pitcher of coffee (containing serveral cups), orange juice, yogurt, several slices of different types of bread, cheese, lunchmeat, usually two different types of fruit, crouisants and jellies and jams. After eating our fill each morning, we would make sandwiches from the leftovers and have them for lunch as we explored the city. Our hosts offered the options of not having breakfasts some mornings if we chose not to, but it seemed like a good deal to us so we continued them every morning.

Rembrandt Square was very convenient with all sorts of bars and restaurants nearby. Yet only a couple of blocks away, we were off the main drag tucked in to our scenic street. One day we were pleasantly surprised to hear music coming from the canal and were treated to a concert by a musician in a little boat. He had a handcranked organ and played a variety of trumpets. After playing several numbers and interacting with those who gathered to listen, he motored off to another location to repeat his performance. What a nice touch, right outside our hotel!

Another night, we saw a wedding party arriving by boat and being greeted by guests holding sparklers which reflected off the water. Just a beautiful setting.

The staff was very accommodating and I did take advantage of their laptops and internet connections to check my e-mail and communicate with some folks back.

When leaving to come home, we walked about two blocks to Rembrand Square and took a tram to Central Station, then, a train to the airport. A very convenient location.

I have absolutely no complaints with this hotel and would gladly stay at the Seven Bridges Hotel again. I know they do have some bigger rooms there but we enjoyed number 9 so much, I would be tempted to stay in that one again.

Amsterdam has a lot to offer. We found the people to be very friendly. We enjoyed seeing so many people using bicycles to get around especially families with small children in the carts and on various attached seats. The only problem we had with the city was remembering to stay out of the bike paths.

Great city. Great hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JoeTChicopee
Dana Point, CA
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed eight days in the Number 5 Garden Room. What a spacious delight with beautiful antiques and finishes such as the hand carving on the ceiling. Loved the garden area attached to our room as well. Good thing too, because both my husband and I came down with terrible colds and had to spend a lot more time in the room than we anticipated. Gunter and his staff could not have been nicer. They even offered to bring us tea or aspirin as things deteriorated!! While we did miss a few days of sightseeing, if it had to happen, it couldn't have happened in a nicer place with nicer staff. We won't be staying anywhere else but the Seven Bridges on future trips to Amsterdam. Great room, great location, great service, great staff. Seven Bridges has it all!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arlenie
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 April 2010

In terms of old world ambiance, location and service you can hardly go wrong here! Seven Bridges is a 300 year-old canal house in a very convenient location on the Reguliersgracht, a short walk from the Rembrandtplein and right by one of Amsterdam’s prettiest canals. Pierre and his associates took good care of me in my pretty, little garden room on the top floor. A huge breakfast tray with breads, cold cuts, cheese, tea, fruit and yogurt was delivered to me each morning, and I’m still impressed by their ability to carry it up those three incredibly narrow and steep flights of steps! I also appreciated the free Wifi enabling me to download and share pictures after long days of exploring. I saw some of the other, larger rooms and they were simply stunning, although a bit beyond my budget. Traveling alone, I never felt unsafe even after dark in this area of the city. The Seven Bridges Hotel is a winner!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Marzipanlady
Washington DC
Reviewed 4 April 2010

A friend and I recently stayed six nights in Room C at the Seven Bridges Hotel. In short, it was terrific. Room C is actually two rooms--a bedroom and a living room, so it is quite spacious. The bathroom is good size, the shower has great water pressure, and the bath towels, changed daily, are luxuriously thick. There is a refrigerator where we kept snacks and drinks. The living room has a beautiful view of two historic canals and the street is generally very quiet. The location is perfect. It is easy walking distance to the museums, great non-touristy local cafes and restaurants and other shops, Vondel Park, and the great outdoor Albert Cuyp Market. Trams to everywhere are just two blocks away. The owners, Gunter and Pierre, were always very friendly and available to answer questions or provide what little assistance we requested. The only regret is we could not stay longer. The Seven Bridges is not generic, it is authentic Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends