“Fantastic gem in the heart of Amsterdam”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Ranked #74 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic gem in the heart of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

Stayed here last weekend and it really is as good as the reviews suggest.

Its within walking distance of all the major sights and museums, flower market and restaurant.

Eric and Pierre were fantastic hosts and just could not do enough for us, including loaning us a laptop free of charge so we could access the internet.

I normally stay in the Pulitzer Hotel,but the rooms here are bigger, have great canal views and lovely furniture.

Also discovered a great little Italian just down the road from the hotel (turn right and its 50 yards away) called Ponte Arcari with the best pasta I've ever eaten outside Italy (knocking spots off most of the Michelin star places).

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

It was my first time in Amsterdam and thanks to the WONDERFUL people at the "Seven Bridges" and the hotel itself I fell in love with the city!
Stayed there 11 nights, Garden room 3. The room is downstairs, with a little garden where some bush bloomed with wonderful red flowers and on a tree there was a nest with little birds. The room is perfect for 1-2 people, spacious and very comfortable. The staff is very helpful and very nice. Big and tasty breakfast served to my room and on china!
Laptop for rent from the staff for free and wifi in the room was a plus!
The location is perfect - I never ever had to take public transport to get to any tourist attractions. I walked all the city from the hotel and walked lots on the canals nearby. The hotel is right off the very-crowded places, so it's very close to the center and already in a nice quiet neighborhood.
The bed and the pillows are EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE! After long day of walking (or traveling to the other places in Holland) I would come back to my room and after 6-7 hours of sleep I would be totally refreshed and ready for new walks!
Overall, "Seven Bridges" - all I need from a hotel when I'm on vacation (or on business)! And when I'm in Amsterdam next time I'll definitely would like to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Svetakoshka
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at Seven Bridges in the Annex, room B for about 7 nights at the beginning of April. We really enjoyed our stay there. The room was clean, attractive, and comfortable. The furnishings were very nice, and the fresh tulips were a nice touch. Oh, and the mattress was memory foam and very comfortable.

Breakfast isn't included with the Annex rooms, so we didn't interact with our hosts as much as we might have. But they were very helpful when we arrived, and any time we stopped in at the reception with a question or request for advice. Room B has a small refrigerator, a microwave oven, sink, dishes, etc, so it is possible to have a simple meal in the room.

The website is very clear that this room has a large window on the street, so if you are sensitive to noise, this may not be the best choice for you. However, there are heavy drapes, and a sliding glass door that can be closed to put a second barrier between the street and the sleeping area. The location is very central, but the street is not a commercial one itself. There is foot traffic past the window in the evening, but we slept fine. My husband is a light sleeper, and he had no problems.

There are a number of pleasant restaurants, cafes, and a bakery one block over on Utrechtstraat which were convenient and enjoyable.

We highly recommend the Seven Bridges for a stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveling_ann_l
Aachen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

The ‘Seven Bridges‘ is a charming hotel right in the middle of Amsterdam, situated on one of the numerous canals. It is a typical Amsterdam building from the inside and out. The fact that the hotel sits by the Reguliersgracht just like every other canal house makes it very charming and outstanding compared to modern hotels. Every room is styled individually with a large collection of antiques. Even more impressing is that breakfast is served on your room as regular service!

It is close to the centre of the city, in walking distance to everything. Nearby you’ll find a nice little Italian Restaurant that really is worth a visit, not only for the food but also for the people. Even though it is close to the centre, it is still quite and relaxed in this particular area of the city. Also not far away, about 5 Indonesian restaurants which all looked good - though we just tried out one.

All in all it was a very nice experience to stay there and we would return anytime!!

1 Thank Icebear27
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

This hotel is practically faultless, if a boutique hotel without the usual communal amenities isn't a problem. The rooms wouldn't be out of place on a postcard and the attention to detail (so lacking in mainstream hotels nowadays) is a treat. The service is subtle but five-star all over. Where else nowadays could you indulge in such quality breakfast in bed - or in the balcony if you stay in room 5?

The Seven Bridges is also located in one of the quaintest areas of central Amsterdam - away from the maddening crowd, yet just a few metres away from one of the most relaxed squares. It's also located very close to one of the best Indonesian restaurants I've ever been to. The only downside to our stay at this hotel was the somewhat uncomfortable bed... but this is a small price to pay for a hotel I would recommend to anyone.

Jamesport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

This hotel is truly special and made our trip to Amsterdam a wonderful experience. The beautiful 17thc building has been lovingly restored and our room (number 5) was gorgeous. Furnished with incredible antiques, it was both welcoming and spacious. We even had a collection of camellias on a small terrace outside our bathroom! While the staircase, as in all canal houses, is narrow and steep, our luggage was whisked away by the gracious staff. Breakfast was brought to our room each morning. The food was delicious and the service perfect. If you want old world charm in an incomparable setting, this is the place!

Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

I just spent 10 days at this lovely hotel! Thank you Trip Advisor, you have never let me down. The room was fantastic! I loved the antiques, the view, the amenities and the comfort. There was a beautiful bouquet of about 3 dozen tulips in the room when I checked in and when it showed signs of decay, here came another. Unbelievable service in all respects. Wireless internet, important for me, was fast and flawless. The view from the windows of Room 7 are stunning and the bed comfortable...The staircase is steep, steep, steep....but I was warned and wanted the 17th Century Canal House experience and loved it.

Breakfasts were huge.....More than enough for a lunch or bedtime snack also. The yogurt was the best I have ever had. Loved the different china every day...a special touch which included a tea tray with hot pot and teapot.

Gunter, Pierre, Eric and Richard were gracious, friendly and extremely helpful and accommodating. The only city glitch I had was when I didn't follow their advice! I was there over Queen's Day....and it was a hoot! Great photos.....although I did the right thing with visits to the Artis Royal Zoo and the botanical gardens on that day.

This is the best hotel I have stayed in for ambiance and service! The city of Amsterdam and the Netherlands in general are the most visitor/tourist friendly place I have visited and I highly recommend the hotel and the country it is located in......

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo