“An excellent small hotel, that was more like a B&B.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seven Bridges Hotel
Ranked #75 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
New York City, New York
“An excellent small hotel, that was more like a B&B.”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I booked a room at Seven Bridges on the advice of a friend (who also stayed there, in a different room). I was able to specify the room I wanted, based on pictures on the hotel's website. The room was exactly as pictured, as was the charm of the place. Because the hotel had no public space, breakfast -- which was included with the room -- was served in my room, and it was a good offering, indeed: freshly squeezed orange juice, yogurt, meats and cheese, and delicious coffee! My stay at the hotel was eight days, and I was sorry to have to leave at the end of it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ingramj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Seven Bridges Hotel might be good choice for many travelers. Room rates are reasonable compared with other peer hotels. I love furnitures that reflect luxury and evoke cosy feeling. It also has great view to beautiful and lovely streets. Free wifi, breakfast served in room did add great value to my time in here. Highly appreciate all friendly and helpful staff for making my trip enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
New York City
Reviewed 4 July 2010

An old house in central Amsterdam overlooking a canal and garden with a handful of rooms. Immaculate; furnished with tasteful antiques that add to the ambience. A sumptuous breakfast served in your room. Free wifi and local calls. Very steep steps may be a barrier to some.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed 21 June 2010

First, I want to say that the owners are probably the most honest, upfront managers of a property I have ever seen. They are very good about telling you about the difficulty of managing the stairs (take this very seriously by the way) and that the rooms are photographed with wide angle lens (actually I found the rooms quite spacious and I was in one of the smaller ones). Also, heed their advice about the noise from the canal if you are a light sleeper. Again - many props to the owners for being upfront when so many other establishment try to pass off drawbacks as positives.

I was very pleased with how efficient they were with handling my reservation. They also gave us a great restaurant recommendation for Le Zinc as well as handled reservations for us. By the way, I also recommend the little Italian place on the corner that is on the same block as Seven Bridges - fantastic food and charming service. What really made the stay for my husband and I special were the unexpectedly large breakfasts they delivered to our room every day, served on charming china. It was so relaxing and luxuriant to be able to linger over breakfast, sip out coffee and look at the canal from our window. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the location is great - you are within easy walking distance of the art museums, great restaurants, and right next to the canals and beautiful charming canal houses.

Some minor drawbacks - I would be awakened a few times around 2/3 am to cooking smells (something like boiled cabbage) which was unpleasant. We were in room 9 which has those nice leather chairs, but they could use some sprucing up. Also, could wish for better quality linens and fluffier pillows. However, this was a very value priced room, so it could be a case of: you get what you pay for. Often times, I wished that they had an electric kettle with tea/coffee on hand.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to a couple who doesn't mind steep circular stairs and can appreciate what a great experience it is to have a room in a canal house with a glorious breakfast and very honest service.

2 Thank JLW3
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Seven Bridges was a truly unique and lovely hotel experience. We stayed there for 5 nights. It was a trip around my husband's birthday and we met up with a group of friends. We stayed at Seven Bridges and so did one of our friends.

First the one negative: As everyone already mentioned, this hotel is in an old Amsterdam canal house and is not going to be a good choice for travelers with mobility problems.

The owners know what kind of business they're running and they're pretty up front about things. "Service" is minimal. Courteous and informative, but if you need lots of assistance, maybe not a good choice. It was perfect for us. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are cleaned spotless and the breakfast is delivered to your room (and is huge!). But you will have to carry your own bags and can't call for room service etc...

I loved this hotel. We stayed in 2 different rooms (No 9 up on the top floor/attic and No 5, the garden room). We also spent some time in our friend's room (can't recall No. maybe 7?)

When we booked, you could only make reservations directly through their website or on the phone. Initially it looked like we would not be able to stay there but then they were kind enough to let us switch rooms because we really wanted to stay there. I recommend booking early - it's a popular place. The owners also do not allow bookings from large groups to avoid noise and partying. As I said, they make it very clear who's running the ship and this may not be to your liking. We did not mind this attitude as it was never impolite or irrational.

All rooms had a lovely and unique atmosphere. Each item in each room was interesting. Whether or not it's to your taste, you can't help but admire the furnishings and the love and care the owners put to decorating. Absolutely a delight!

The location is excellent, you can sit and watch the canal, or step outside and walk around. Amsterdam is a lovely place and no better place to stay than on the canal in my opinion!

The breakfast is huge - you can easily skip lunch. The website has lots of pictures, although in many cases they do not do justice to the rooms. The rates were reasonable for what I consider to be a very lovely and unique hotel stay, which made our trip even more memorable and enjoyable.

If I go back to Amsterdam, I will stay there again. No doubt.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank APS7
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Seven Bridges for Four Nights.

We highly recommend this Hotel ! It is close to Rembrandt Square, easy transportation connections, great restaurants and people watching.

The room 5 was clean, well furnished, airy with a private patio.

The helpful staff was great.

A special thanks to Hotel Seven Bridges for for making our first trip to Amsterdam wonderful !

1 Thank MrWayne_10
Germany
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We spent five nights in Room C and felt like in a dream. It's even more beautiful than the pictures on the hotel website. It was the perfect getaway from what we usually do. We felt like we were really living in this place as it's more like a small apartment than just a hotel room. The view on the canals is just great. On a sunny afternoon you can just sit and watch the boats passing the house.

A glass wall seperates the bedroom from the main room, making sure you have a quiet place to sleep. That's already worth a lot in Amsterdam as people who go there more often will surely know. After spending too much time in overpriced, cramped and noisy rooms before I'm very happy we found this hotel.

Most places of interest - from the Rijksmuseum to Rembrandthuis to the Red Light District and the little Chinatown around Zeedijk - are within walking distance. And you're staying in an area where not only tourists, but real Amsterdammers live. It''s relaxed, not crowded and gives you an idea of what the good life looks like in this city.

No breakfast is served in Room C as it is in a different building, but you'll find all you need in the neighbourhood, even a supermarket open on Sundays. There's a fridge and all you need to make tea or coffee.

3 Thank Frankie-the-Hun