Seven Bridges Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Amsterdam
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
ITC Hotel(Amsterdam)
Atlanta Hotel(Amsterdam)
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden roomantique furniturecanal houserembrandt squaresmall hotelcharming hotelmemory foambeautiful canalsmall refrigeratorwithin walking distancethe main hoteltop floorsteep staircaseamsterdam experiencefour nightsno elevatorlarge windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2007

Hotel Seven Bridges is a surprise I planned for my wife and it did win me thousands of points! Right after my wedding, I came to Europe for two years training. Now having completed the course, I searched around for excitement and unique places that may bring her exhilirating experience. Hotel Seven Bridges is my big finding. I was lucky to get a canal view room (room 7) in January. Since then I waited for two long months until this big excitement came to us. My wife is a fan of western arts. I knew she would cherish everything in Seven Bridges. And yes, she actually loved it more than I had expected.

From the moment we arrived, we got overwhelmed at how cozy and unique the hotel is. There was a charming fragrance from the two bunches of lily flower in the reception room. When we climbed up the 3 hundred years stairs, we saw two other rooms (room 5 and room 6) had been set ready for their guests. Both rooms are extremely nice and have its special lay-out and art collections. The lights were all on and the atmosphere was really cozy. My wife couldn't resist rushing in to take some photos. You could see how delicately the owners of the hotel are caring their properties. We were completely beyond words. When we arrived at our room, we immediately responded with a 'wow"! Everything was spotlessly clean and the canal view was so romantic. We loved the furniture, especially the pair of classic chairs.

The best thing about Seven Bridges is the breakfast. It was the ever best breakfast I tasted in Europe - a huge one, with various breads, juice, coffee, tea, fruits... god! The owner sent the breakfast into our room by himself. That was the most tasteful coffee I had in my trips. We blieved that the host spends lot of time in designing and organizing the breakfast. We actually couldn't finish all the foods. What a pitty! Anyhow, I found that we did not need to eat lunch for this fabulous breakfast.

It was also a great experience to talk with the owner. He is a very kind and respectable man, investing all his energy and brains in providing unique experiences for the Seven Bridges guests. We were happy and honored to learn from him that we were the first Chinese guests.

I have seen some other 'big name' hotels in Amsterdam. In my view, they are just common, and located in the 'noisy' and crowded city center. The best thing about Amsterdam is its canals and the houses along the waters. Those communities are not far from city center as Amsterdam is not big, but very quiet and enjoyable. It was so interesting that we just turned a corner from the main street and suddenly entered the quiet neighbourhood. Seven Bridges is just located in the center of that quiet neighbourhood, with walking distance to all the major sites and a long dinning street just behind it. This also addes a lot of points to its overall impression to us.

Having said all these, I want to clarify that business travellers with a vision to see big big lobbies, large large rooms, bath tube, smiling receptionist girl, elevators... better step away from this lovely hotel. Seven Bridges and Hilton are not on the same track! If Hilton is a rich business man, Seven Bridges is a real artist!

Seven Bridges only belongs to those with a vision to seek the unique experience of arts in Amsterdam!

Finally, I want to say that Amsterdam is a very safe city - just be careful of your handbags. At least we did not experience anything unpleasant walking around 10 o'clock at night around the city. Red light district is probably the safest because there are so many people there!

7  Thank Anlaw
Reviewed 14 March 2007

I spent 3 nights with my wife in december and everything was very well, the hotel is near of almost everything and you have tram and buses around the corner. Besides the hotel is in a quiet street and you have a good rest after a tourist day. I prefer this kind of hotels instead the tipical chain hotel with no personality. The thing less good is the time for breakfast, too early overall for spanish people.., but like the quality is very good never mind too much.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rarchiles
Reviewed 12 March 2007

My wife and I spent three nights here in Mar. 2007. Our room overlooking the canal was very nice and clean and quiet. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, they lent us a wireless laptop everyday! Breakfast was served in our room and offered the freshest breads you can get. Its in a great location, convienent to all. Our host, Guenter was a great guy. I highly recommend this hotel!

5  Thank mlinsv
Reviewed 9 March 2007

We stayed at Seven Bridges B & B in Amsterdam in Sept 2006. It was as we had read on Tripadvisor. Very good breakfast and friendly hosts. Unfortunately, we booked late and got the garden room at the back in the basement. It was ok but the mosquitos which we did not expect were terrible. I got very badly bitten every night! Take Deet. The location was good, very central for all the attractions.

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank Shannon1711
Reviewed 7 March 2007

Seven Bridges is an Hotel with considerable charm and a unique ambience. It is a credit to the owners who seem to have put together a style of hotel that offers an opportunity for a relaxed stay in comfort. They are extremely helpful and the breakfast delivered to your room is a nice touch.

Colin Garbutt & Dianne Wilcox