All reviewsprivate bathroomfresh towelscanal viewcentral stationexcellent locationhotel roomtop floorrldearplugsnightlife
Reviewed 14 May 2014

10 - 15 walk from the train station.
No lifts/elevators in this hotel so pack lightly! Many different staircases so remember where your room is - I got lost a few times looking for my room. The room overlooking the canal. Small room with a comfy bed and small portable TV. The shower was opposite the room - water pressure was abysmal - just a trickle of cold water - so showering was a challenge. As dusk comes you'll see all the red lights slowly turn on - POW - you find you're in the middle of the Amsterdam's famous Red Light district. Bugger.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HarroYip
Reviewed 12 May 2014

It is quite ridiculous that you have shell out so much for such a disgusting property. Well, I am not just uttering out of any vengeance, but just trying to better advice my fellow travellers. Consider carefully the pointers below before you choose to stay here:
- The rooms were super cramped, I really mean it when I say that (even my worst of hostel stays will be shamed in comparison)
- The beds had bed bugs (yes you heard me correct) and there are high chances that you will carry the scratches well past your vacation days
- A non-existent breakfast (and no, I was not expecting any luxury item here, but even my least of expectations were not met)
- Grumpy and non-caring reception staff. I could pardon all of the above if only the staff were bit more smiling and cared to do better, but instead I got rude and uncaring snub all the time
- Bathroom has no separation between shower area and basin, so expect to carry over the water all over in your room
- The furniture (whatever little was there) were super dirty and unclean and used tissues were littered here and there within the wardrobe. We just didn't dare to park our clothes anywhere.

You will find plenty of other properties at that price, or at least now that you know what to eliminate, opt for another at that price (I am sure that will still be better).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joyjit2013
Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We took the large room. a 5th bed was added - we couldn't sleep on as iron bar was stuck in my back so I put the mattress on the floor. The toilets are not clean. The hotel seats on the red light district were you can find all the "coffee shops" and Sex shops.
The showers were dirty and some facilities are broken,
The picture in the website is misleading.

Room Tip: Do not take any room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, close to the train station and close to the Red Light District. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. That said the rooms are a challenge. My room was up a very long and very steep and narrow set of stairs, approximately 20 -25 stairs. The staff carried my suitcase up but could not help get it down. It is precarious and very scary to go up and down those stairs. There is o room for error. The room was old, outdated and we had a view of trash cans. At night the guests are loud and you can hear everything here. I would not recommend this hotel. Luckily I was there for just one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends