All reviewsprivate bathroomfresh towelscanal viewcentral stationexcellent locationhotel roomtop floorrldearplugsnightlife
Reviewed 6 October 2017

All you expect from this city.good hotel in a good place just on the edge of the district.not to close to the action and not to far away.good budget hotel with bnb freindly staff close to coffee shops and bars

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I admit I was have doubts booking this hotel after reading mixed reviews, yes the hotel is out dated but gosh it's fantastic for location, right in the heart of red light district where all the fun is

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jade W
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Room - adequate for six people, smelt of bleach but clean, overlooking street so lot of noise. However on first floor via long winding staircase.
Bathroom - toiletries and towels provided which I didn't expect. Bleach smell but clean. Decent shower. Handwash and shower gel too high for little hands to reach.
Breakfast - toast, boiled eggs, some croissants and a fruit cake. Coffee and tea with a range of spreads.
Luggage - we had to leave luggage in breakfast area which is not secure but a staff member was always there. We risked it and nothing was stolen abd some of iur bags didn't have locks and we left jackets in plain sight on too of our bags.
Overall - picked this hotel as it offered a sleep five room. Staff could be friendlier but for the price couldn't really fault anything. It was a clean place to put our heads down for one night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank IrfanBhai
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I was worried when I looked at the reviews of this hotel. Anyway upon arrival it is situated in a great place and our room overlooked the canals, one of the rooms was on the top floor and had a fantastic view, with lovely windows opening up. The rooms were very clean especially the bathrooms and sheets and towels freshly laundered. One of our twin rooms was basic but adequate. The place could do with a lick of paint and new flooring and probably a bit of attention in places, i.e. cleaning products and clean towels laying around etc.

The breakfast was fairly good and an adequate to start the day. I would have preferred to see the dishes placed in a dishwasher rather than washed up by hand and again it is a shame that the breakfast room has not been redecorated because it was a lovely room. The hotel has supplies of food, drinks or any essential items that you have forgotten.

The reception staff were very helpful and when our flight was cancelled were extremely supportive and assisted our party greatly in finding another hotel, even though they were fully booked and could not accommodate another nights stay.
Thank you very much, it was greatly appreciated.

Overall a good value hotel, in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Room at the front noisy, but offer fantastic views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank beaniebaby2012
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This hotel is absolutely disgusting! We booked through booking.com because the reviews seemed ok, wish we'd looked on tripadvisor first! The room itself was very small with nowhere to store your belongings. The linoleum in the main room felt greasy underfoot and was very dirty towards the edges near the walls. You had to squeeze down one side of the bed to get in it. The bathroom floor was extremely slippery and dirty between the tiles. When you sat on the toilet it rocked from side to side and the sink was actually over you when you sat down. After a day out we returned to the hotel to find a drunken girl on the floor at the foot of the stairs who we had to step over. Once in the room the noise was unbelievable from inside and outside the hotel. We got ready to go to bed and discovered that the pillows were covered in yellow stains and were absolutely disgusting! I took one of the pillows downstairs to complain and passed the girl from earlier kicking a room door shouting and swearing. The staff seemed totally oblivious to this and did nothing about it! I was told that somebody would bring us clean pillows but by the time they allegedly came we had already fallen asleep using the duvet rolled up as our pillows. I was awoken the next morning by constant loud noises from above our room and decided to get up and go and complain again. Once downstairs I was told I'd have to wait until 8am to complain to the manager. We stayed in our room for a couple of more hours and decided enough was enough and we were going to leave the hotel. I went to see the manager and demanded that he refund for the second night because we wouldn't be staying. He agreed to this I think because of the amount of people that were checking in at the time and didn't want to cause a scene. Do not trust the reviews on booking.com because to me they're describing a different hotel and the description on booking.com doesn't tell you that this hotel is in the red light district.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple