“Lovely hotel and service”
Review of Hotel Fita

Hotel Fita
Ranked #13 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We loved the Hotel Fita; the new owners had experience with the family who'd owned it for 30 years and do a great job. Even if they were busy and not at the front desk, a phone call from your room reached them immediately. Breakfast is now served at 7:30 a.; delicious, with pancake, eggs, warm pastries and such, though the hot food was not ready until around 8:00 a., but plenty was ready at 7:30 and it was delicious. Everyone we worked with was so kind, gracious and knowledgeable. We had Room #14, a corner room on the same floor as the front desk. It was spacious, clean and comfortable, ceiling fan, no a/c; however, if you need to sleep during the day, you could be disturbed by the private primary school kids playing outside. The heavy comforters were too warm for me. They called cabs for us, the tram is one short block away as is the Van Gogh Museum, Chanel, Tiffany, the Rijks Museum--all so close. It is about a 45-60 min. walk to the Dam and train station area, or an easy tram ride. We highly recommend the Hotel Fita.

2  Thank Jane2travel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Family run. Everyone helpful. Lovely big light airy room
Few minutes walk to museums and Concertgebow.

1  Thank backtobruce
Reviewed 16 June 2011

This was the most delightful, comfortable, welcoming experience. I was a bit concerned about traveling solo in a city unknown to me. From my arrival throughout my stay the hotel staff made me feel like family. Breakfast in the morning was a special treat and meeting other travelers and sharing their experiences made my stay in the city richer. The food at breakfast was excellent. I especially loved having fresh strawberries and made to order pancakes! The coffee machine in my room was so welcome that I bought myself that very same machine when I returned home. I recommend this small hotel to anyone. Thank you for a very positive exposure to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank jairving
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The hotel's location was perfect for our needs. It is in the museum district, has public transportation within 2 short blocks, and has excellent restaurants in the neighborhood. It's a short tram ride to everything one would want to see. The family operating the hotel are excellent hosts. We received a wonderful orientation to the neighborhood, what to see and do in Amsterdam, and how to get around the city. In addition, whenever there was a question, there was helpful advise or directions. Breakfast, by the way, was as good as everything else at the hotel (be sure to eat the pancakes!). Our room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. Free wi-fi and cable tv helped us keep in touch with news and whomever we needed to contact. A return trip to Amsterdam is not unimaginable and we will definitely want to stay at this hotel.

2  Thank lindabw-b
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The staff makes sure that they greet you by name and get to know you while you stay at the location. Unlike chains, this hotel treats each person individually and is always eager to help with directions, advice on restaurants, and helping to order tickets for special evenings. The breakfasts are delicious and have a variety of hot and cold, healthy and mouth watering items.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank world27over
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed at Hotel Fita one night pre-river cruise in mid-May. The hotel was located conveniently for us just two blocks from the cruise meeting point, which made it easy for us to walk over with our luggage. The new owners were hospitable (although very busy, so the front desk was often unmanned), the room was simple and very clean, the bathroom very roomy, and the hotel has a "lift" to accommodate suitcases, because the stairs up to the higher floors are very steep and narrow. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and fresh. The hotel is one block from Museum Square, near a tram stop, and just a short walk from the streets that lead you into the center of all the action. I would definitely stay here again if in Amsterdam. Good luck to the new young owners -- they have a bright future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lexizmom
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This is a small homey hotel in a great location, removed from the bustle of the city but only a very short tram ride away from it. Great breakfast, but only from 8 a.m. on, so if you are out and about early, you will miss it. I never saw anyone at the front desk, so if I had a question, I had to hunt someone down. The single room was tiny, but I got used to it. My only complaint was the curtain was so thin and transparent and there is a bright light right outside, so the room never really got dark.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo