“Arrogant and unfriendly owner - will never stay again!!!!”
Review of Hotel Fita

Hotel Fita
Ranked #13 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I stayed there for 5 nights 10th to 15th October 2010, sagging bed, less / no heating, but the most unexpected thing on the day of check out I came after a meeting by 12.15pm just 15 min late than normal checkout time of hotel world wide, to my surprise I found my breafcase and suitcase near the lift out side my room !!! and there is a note in the room don't open it, it has given to some one.!!

All other items including my camera in a bin , It is like kicking out of the room,!! The the owner came to me and told me that the checkout time was 11am and since it is already 12.15pm just 1 hour 15 min past the check out time he took every thing out , and he says that it since I have not told him about late check out by just 1 hour the throw every thing out in the corrodoor.

In my 28 years of travel all over the world I never experiemced like this and in my life I will not go to hotel fita again. I never met such an unfriendly hotel owner any where in the world.

I think all the positive comments on their hotel is wrote by them only or their friends and not by real people, hope trip adviser will do some chek on this.

So don't stay with this hotel, not even for one night, such a bad attitude and service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
12  Thank devarajcr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Hotel is small and big on personal service. Staff was super attentive and friendly. Location was perfect for museums, access to tram and restaurants.
We would definitely return.
M&M,
Kelowna, BC

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Basically, that`s it:
1. Small rooms, worn-out furniture. The mattress was old and soft like a hammock, so I did not sleep well and got pains in my back in the morning.
2. Also, the hotel is quite noisy: during the night, you can hear people in the room upstairs and downstairs using bathroom. In front of the hotel there was a loud construction work that started before 8 a.m. Also, there is a primary school right in the next building.
3. The window is old and single-glazed, hence the room is damn cold in the night, at least while the heating is off.
4. The breakfast is quite poor. For example, as a drink they only offer juice mixed with yoghurt (and tea/coffee).
6. The maid insists on entering to clean the room when she pleases, in my case as early as 10 a.m.
7. The old lady that checked me in was quite unfriendly. I guess, she is the owner. Her husband is very arrogant as well. You’d better not try complaining to them about anything!!!

I regret to have stayed at this hotel, which happened mainly because of overwhelming positive reviews. Apparently TripAdvisor has a strong North American bias, which leads to overrating many hotels in Europe – especially those that perhaps look “exotic”/ “genuinely European” to this kind of public who end up evaluating their own rose-tinted-glasses imagination of what Europe “should look like”, rather than the true quality of the accommodation offered.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank wander5r
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This is the second time we have stayed with Hans & Loes in their quaint hotel. Very, very clean with top-notch service. As in many of the "family" hotels in Amsterdam and elsewhere in Europe, there are stairs at the front entrance. Hans had us wheel our luggage around to the side entrance and wisked our luggage up to our room via the elevator, so there was no heavy lifting for us. Love the breakfasts and free wi-fi as well. Hans cheerfully arranged to have a private taxi come for us when we were ready to leave for our cruise in Rotterdam. Yes, we took a taxi instead of the train to Rotterdam. A very pleasant ride with a very nice gentleman in his clean automobile that was big enough to handle all of our luggage for a 24 day cruise. It was worth the $120 Euro we had to pay. Thanks Hans & Loes for another delightful stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This wonderful little hotel run by Hans, Lois and Roule provided us with everything we had hoped for: perfect location, attention to our every need, large beautiful room with a balcony, superb breakfasts topped off with Hans' incredible pancakes. If you are looking for a smaller, charming hotel that has your comfort in mind, I recommend Hotel Fita wholeheartedly. Harry Max

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I will echo the sentiment that your feeling about the hotel will depend strongly on what you're looking for. One reviewer said it may not be the place for you if you want "bells & whistles"; indeed I would argue that you might miss some of the standard hotel features.

First off, yes, this is a wonderfully personal hotel and you definitely feel at home with the owners. Hans is a wisecracking guy with a big booming voice and is a delight. HIs wife and the rest of the family/staff are also quite friendly and happy to do what they can to make you happy. They serve up quite a breakfast every day as well. I am a light eater so I didn't partake, but they will apparently cook you eggs and pancakes to order and they also give you a fresh glass of pressed orange juice.

I also liked the location in the Museumplein. Close to what you want and not what you don't, if you don't. And they do your laundry for you for free, same day! Wow.

At the same time, a few things took away from the experience. For me, one thing was that there isn't anyone stationed at the front desk. You have a key to the hotel to come and go as you wish, but the problem is that unlike other hotels, even small boutique ones, you have no one there to whom to say "hey, do you know x, y or z?" Like if you want quick directions to something or want to request something for your room. You can reach them by calling on the phone from your room, but it's kind of a pain to have to go back inside and make a phone call instead of having someone there. Also, my room was a little too utilitarian for my taste. I don't mind a small room at all (see my review for base2stay) but it's not as nice if the furnishings/design are not especially cozy. The bathroom too was a little institutional with wall mounted soap push dispensers and disposable packaged washcloths. My room was also too chilly for me, as it's heated by radiators like you would find in your apartment. I'm used to being able to crank the heat if I'm cold in a hotel.

All in all I my stay was fine but I guess I am not as big a fan as the other reviewers since it's #3 in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank brooklynprof
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Feel like being spoiled? This family-run business will do just that. Upon arrival you are greeted with two lovely glasses of wine and snacks. Our host and hostess provided customer service beyond compare! The hotel is in a great location and we walked to most activities. After a great hot breakfast, Hans and Loes sent us off to enjoy the day with some outstanding site-seeing suggestions. Very homey. Don't forget to check out the rubber ducky in the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple