Hotel Fita
Hotel Patou(Amsterdam)
Hotel Piet Hein(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,924 results
All reviewsdutch pancakesvan gogh museummuseum districtfamily run hoteldelicious pancakesceiling fansmall elevatorquiet streetsmall hoteltwo blocksmajor museumsyogurtconcert hallrecommend hotellarge bathroombreakfast was excellentbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2007

A perfect location on a classy street away from Central Station, (10 minute tram ride), but close to cultural part of city. and quick access by foot to the leidersplein.
Extremely clean and comfortable triple room. Everything worked! The welcome drink was a lovely touch, and the breakfast was excellent. Staff very attentive and helpful.
Cheapest parking in Amsterdam at the Olympic Stadium, and you receive a tram ticket for your return to the hotel. (five minute ride). Cars are discouraged in Amsterdam.
Computer always available to check emails etc. We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank MagieToronto
Reviewed 26 August 2007

I booked the hotel because of the reviews of Tripadvisor members and I was not disappointed. The hotel has a fantastic European Charm. The hotel staff (although I did not meet the friendly owners like other members) were excellent. They were very accomodating in answering our questions, booking taxis, doing our laundry. True professionals.

I stayed in the twin room, it had cable tv (plasma screen), wireless internet connection (free), en suite with bath/shower, access to iron and ironing board. The two beds were put together so it is small but manageable and to be fair the location for this hotel is excellent.

The small details are great, the chocolates upon arrival, the welcome drink, the parting gift. Loved it. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank MacAsia
Reviewed 16 August 2007

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Fita from 8/4 - 8/9 and never once regretted our decision. Never having visited Amsterdam, I did a lot of research before making the reservation. Hotel Fita's location was absolutely perfect for us: a half block from the Van Gogh museum, two blocks from the Rijksmuseum, and the next street parallel is full of fabulous high-end shopping, sprinkled with traditional souvenir shops, where we found everything we needed to bring home to friends and family. The hotel is also a short stroll to the Leidsplein where the real action begins! When you've had enough, wander back to Jan Luykenstraat where all is peaceful and quiet.
Another reason we chose this hotel was for the included breakfast. A wonderful selection of scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, healthy cereals, fruit and yogurt and of course, fabulous coffee to get you going for the day. During breakfast the owner and his devoted staff of really nice girls will answer any questions about the area as well as offer tips on places you might not otherwise hear about. When he found out we were planning a trip to The Hague, Hans turned us on to the Panorama Mesdag, a fascinating 360 mural of the local beachscape. Another morning one of his employees hopped on the internet to help us find our way to the local castle, Muidenslot. My husband had been working in the Netherlands the week before I joined him and was in need of fresh laundry. How convenient to have free laundry service! Face it, the rooms are traditional European style. You are not going to find jacuzzis and hot tubs in historic buildings such as Hotel Fita's. If that's what you want, stay in the suburbs. But Hotel Fita is in a great location, offers wonderful customer service, and provides a quiet, comfortable and secure place to stay. Combine that with free laundry, free internet and international phone service (my husband didn't belive me!) and a fabulous free breakfast, and you have a terrific little hotel. And if you behave yourself you get a goodie bag when you leave! How cool is that?

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Baltimorons
Reviewed 15 August 2007

I spent two nights at the Hotel Fita and found it a delightful hotel. My single room was very well arranged. Even though it was relatively small, as almost all single rooms in European hotels are, it felt bigger than average because of the efficient arrangement of the furniture. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the staff were friendly, the location of the hotel was convenient, and the breakfast was outstanding. I had just come from Norway and Sweden, where breakfasts look quite lavish -- long tables of all kinds of food. Breakfast at the Fita did not have that lavish look but tasted much better: freshly squeezed orange juice, apples, bananas, cereal, canned fruit with yogurt, perfectly cooked bacon and scrambled eggs, excellent pastries and other breads, good coffee. (Tea was also available.) I had only two negative experiences: (1) dragging a heavy suitcase up the steep front steps wasn't fun (but would be the same in any of the small hotels in the heart of Amsterdam), and (2) spending about two hours doing very arcane stuff to my computer in order for it to connect to the Fita's wireless network was also not fun. I enjoy experimenting with computers but not when I have limited time in a city I want to explore. I've used my computer in many, many, many hotels in various parts of the world and have never encountered this kind of problem before. Somebody less inclined than I am to experiment with strange screens buried in the bowels of the computer's software would not have had the promised connectivity. I finally succeeded -- but the Hotel Fita is now permanently implanted in my computer's guts -- I may never be able to get rid of it. I am confident that if I showed up in that vicinity a year from now and turned on my laptop, I would connect with the Fita's network. It was not a matter of the usual login screen with a password that would work for a certain period of time. It was a major engineering feat that struck me as probably hacking into the network. But once I did succeed in connecting, the connection was very good. I'm writing too much about the computer experience simply because I found it so strange. The main point of this review is to say that in most ways the Fita was perfect. I rcommend it highly!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2007

This was a nice place to stay with a great hotel staff. Everyone from the owners to the women who managed the breakfast room and the front desk and did the laundry were very professional and nice. That made a big difference. We were greeted at the door by our hostess and given welcoming glasses of white wine. Very nice detail. All areas of the hotel are very clean and well maintained. The hotel offers a 20% discount on museum tickets and it is located a stone throw from the Museumplein and the Van Gogh Museum (great to visit on Friday night when it is open late) and the Rijksmuseum (also wonderful). Breakfast was served ina nice breakfast room with excellent coffee, eggs, bacon, fresh juice, cheese cold cuts, pastries, wonderful yogurt and jams and jellies, ceral, and fruit. It was the same both mornings we were there. I greatly appreciated the free laundry service (drop off a pile of dirty clothes and they are returned washed and dried to your room at the end of the day!) and the free internet terminal.

A couple of things that might disappoint one in a hotel with these rates were the lack of an air conditioner in our east-facing room and that our "double" consisted of two twin beds pushed together. There was a very nice ceiling fan which was OK with me, but the room which was bright during the day was a bit stuffy for that reason--cool at night though.

Overall, I was very happy to stay at the Fita Hotel and would recommend it to anyone. The atmosphere is very positive at this hotel and the small disappointments were more than compensated by the positives. My wife and I would happily stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple