Hotel Apple Inn
The Alfred Hotel(Amsterdam)
Hilton Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsapple winetram stopsteep stairsnice hotelcity centreminute walkoverlooking the gardenthe ground floorresidential areano liftfirst floorsmall balconycentral stationtram servicevan gogh museumquiet locationfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have just left this hotel today and couldn't fault this one bit. Slightly out of the main hussle but that's exactly what we wanted there is a tram stop 2 mins walk away and it's really easy to find, we did walk into the main centre a couple of times which is a pleasant walk. The staff are lovely and really helpful. The lady on reception recommended a place for us to eat when we arrived and we had a beautiful meal. We had a room right at the front of the hotel and there was no noise from traffic or passing trams etc. rooms are a good size for Amsterdam and spotlessly clean- the bathroom is brilliant I only wish I had that shower at home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skicrazyUk
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A group of us stayed here in November.

Rooms were really clean and cleaned daily with fresh towels.

Staff were really nice and helpful.

Couldn't fault this hotel for anything apart from it didn't have a lift to get to the top floor with suitcases but oh well. we all have legs...

It was further out than I've stayed in Amsterdam before but there was a tram stop close by (number 2 tram) which takes you directly to all the main squares.. it took about 15 minutes from the Apple Inn to Leidseplein.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in late' November after a lot of research.
The staff were great, they welcomed us and printed us a map, recommended places nearby, and let us use a computer. (They also helped us print a route for the way home after the Satnav did not use the same road names as the road signs!). The room wasn't massive but nicely decorated and had a great shower, everything we needed for our city break. We were ground floor at the back.
The location was nice and quiet, and right on the tram line and right by Vondelpark which was nice to walk through to the main city. Few restaurants/cafes nearby too and in the park.
We drove on our to Amsterdam and parked in the world shopping centre carpark which has a deal where its only 16 Euro for 24 hours and you get a free tram ticket (which you must use to get the special rate) so it was just a few stops along the tram to Apple. We only used the tram twice, both ways between the hotel and carpark and this got us the deal - bargain!
The Christmas market was on when we went as well which was a treat - mulled wine with amaretto or jagermeister!

The quality and staff of the hotel makes up for it being a little out of the way. We should have got the tram more as the walking into the city then around it wore us out - so much to see :-)
P.s. watch out for bikes!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgewina
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had been planning a weekend away to Amsterdam for me and my girlfried for a while, and after using sites like expedia, I was finding the search results being quite costly (£600)

Browsing groupon one day i came across an offer of 3nights £125pp at this hotel (inc flights). we immediately booked a December weekend away. after reading the reviews and checking the pictures I really wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the hotel and its location etc, however I really was pleasantly surprised.

really cant fault this place. although its no 5* Hilton, its a cracking 3-4* for what you pay and really is great value for your money.

we arrived at the airport and debated whether to get the train to central station then jump on the tram to the hotel ( I was informed of this info after emailing the hotel) or visit he shuttle desk at the airport. We went for he shuttle. It was 25 euro for a return ticket pp. the shuttle dropped us right at the door and picked us up right on time for our return journey. train tickets are 6 euro and 7.50 for a 24 hour tram pass, so getting the shuttle is probably a lot less hassle, quicker and the same cost.

we arrived at 10am, we were allowed to check in straight away and were shown to our rooms, which was great as we were shattered from a 6am flight.
The room itself was small but it was very cosy but we were expecting that. it was nice and modern, had a flat screen tv with a few English channels. shower was nice. only downside was there was no kettle or complimentary coffee and tea. Also the walls are quite thin so you do hear the odd bang or singing in the shower. and I did book a double bed however we were given two singles pushed together. this wasn't really a big deal for us and im sure the hotel would have swapped if we had requested but we were that tired we didn't care.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. answered all our questions and provided a great service. bar was nice, had a game of cards whilst having a few drinks.

In terms of location, the hotel is right next to a tram stop so its easy to get to the centre town, however if your like me and don't mind exploring the sites, is about a 20minute walk (in a straight line) to the outskirts of the centre. we took a de tour trough vondelpark and had a lovely stroll. really do recommend the walk

all in all we thought the hotel was great value for money, in a great location and we would recommend it to any one thinking of visiting and we would return again if we ever went back to Amsterdam.

only thing is easy jet. don't fly with them. they suck.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jim h
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Me and my husband had 3-night stay in Amsterdam , and we stayed at Apple Inn hotel . We loved it. The hotel property itself is quite good. The hotel has old-school grand charm, the rooms are good and big, the bathrooms are fantastic, the WiFi is reliable and speedy, and the bar is an amazing place to get a drink or two and hang out. What puts them up at 5 stars, however, was the staff. The staff at the front desk was incredibly helpful. They always had time for us and they were friendly and polite, they gave me countless reliable opinions on restaurants and sights to see.
There was one thing with mattresses - I don't know where they got them , but they are amazing , I haven't sleep so well since ... never !!!
Definitely we will come back here :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple