1. Quirky is definitely the word to describe this place. Full of train themed items and decor. If your into all that stuff, you would be in heaven here.
2. Liked all the railway seats and things in the breakfast area. Breakfast itself was dutch, no fried or cooked food, all ham/cheese/cereal etc.
3. Staff were very friendly, turned up asking for a room and they were able to accommodate, speak English very well, enjoyed talking to the breakfast lady, All appear very proud of their hotel, good to see.
4. Room/bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable.
5. TV good, bathroom good.
6. WIFI throughout the hotel, good connection.
7. Close to the main train station/centre of Amsterdam, able to walk into all the main areas, whilst just not too close that it was noisy/busy.
1. Originally got given a bigger room than we paid for, agreed to move to our normal room after one night. This was a twin bed room. Was very small. a few meters by a few meters. The bigger one was a lot nicer, much more spacious. This was bordering on claustrophobic.
Didn't really have any other issues, the hotel was fine.
If your looking a nice B&B/Guesthouse type experience, it's not a bad place to go. Wouldn't expect anything too fancy, but it does the job for a room and bed to sleep in.
Personally wouldn't stay anything over a few days. Mostly for travelers/few couples, didn't see any families or children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The A-Train Hotel is a unique 3 star hotel with a train-theme. It is ideally located in front of the Central (Railway) Station, right in the beating heart of Amsterdam. Shopping areas, tourist attractions, pubs, restaurants, theaters, are all within walking distance. All 34 rooms are comfortably furnished and have modern bathrooms with a hair-drier and are equipped with radio, satellite TV with pay TV, safe, work desk, direct-dial telephone with wake-up system and FREE WIFI. The hotel has a lift, a luggage store room and 24 hours check in. An easy chair, coffee and tea making facilities, fridge and a great view off the Central Station are the extras in our 4 excellent 'First class rooms', also very suitable for business guests. For special occasions we have the 'Old Dutch Suite' with a small private garden/patio. Furthermore smoking and non-smoking rooms and 2 excellent family rooms. No two rooms are alike in our surprising train-themed hotel! All major public transport lines operate from the Central Station, only 15-20 minutes from Schiphol Airport, RAI and WTC. There is an (expensive) underground public parking opposite the A-Train Hotel. Cheap parking, from €10,- per 24 hours at 5 minutes walk from the hotel.. The A-Train Hotel is a cozy hotel, run by Jos and Erika Heijnsdijk and manager Ali Hassan and will be a comfortable place to stay during your tourist or business visit and will make you feel like "Home away from Home". We aim to please with an informal atmosphere and are looking forward to see you soon in our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your A-Train Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Train Hotel Amsterdam
- Europe Train
- Train Hotel