“Room was small, but perfect location and good value for money”
Review of Prinsenhof

Prinsenhof
Ranked #45 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2005

I’ve stayed in Hotel Prinsenhof for a long weekend at the beginning of July. After seeing the pictures of their rooms on their website, I was disappointed when I saw mine. It was very small and didn’t have any character. The view of our window was to the back which looked out into a small courtyard and roofs of other houses. However, it seems that I was very unlucky with room No. 2, as I’ve looked into the others when they were being cleaned and they looked much nicer and bigger. Our room only had space for two single beds with about 20 cm between them to walk through. The private bathroom was built into a small corner which would normally be used for a wardrobe. However, the room was clean and there was nothing else wrong with it. The steep stairs were no problems for us and the breakfast was simple (toast with jam, cheese, eggs or meat) but filled us up in the morning. The staff were friendly and the location perfect. It was located in a quiet, safe and pretty canal street, in between the inner city and the Museumsplein. You could walk to most tourist sites if you wanted to, but the tram stop with good connections was just outside if your legs felt tired. Overall Hotel Prinsenhof is good value for money and I would stay here again, if I could specify which room I could stay in.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Salsakitten
There are newer reviews for Prinsenhof

A TripAdvisor Member
buffalo, new york
Reviewed 8 June 2005

This hotel was interesting. The price was great. We took a room with the bath on the floor and the shower room was difficult to use and the water cold. The room was small but adequate. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was not particularly helpful or friendly. The best part is the location which is on a great canal street a short tram ride from anywhere. I would recommend this hotel based on the price and location but it certainly is not fancy.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2005

We spent 3 nights at Prinsenhof Hotel and really enjoyed it. Our room (#1) has view of the canal and very spacious. The room was very clean and quite. Breakfast was ok nothing special. It is located about a 2-minute walk from Tram #4. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good value place to stay and close to public transportation.

• Stayed: April 2005
7  Thank skelligs
Reviewed 17 March 2005

Excellent value hotel, very central. Located on a very pretty canal with fab cafe's on evey corner. The hotel room although basic was large and clean. The breakfast room was lovely and food delicious - usual continental style. The hoteliers were very friendly and full of good advice for the city. Would definetly visit again.

8  Thank Spinksy71
Reviewed 1 March 2005

I booked a single room here and was amazed when I walked in and found a tiny single bed and a desk and that was it! Standing between the two I could reach both walls easily with my hands.
It was the most depressing stay ever as I felt I was in a police cell. There was very little light from a window in the room and there were not enough covers on the bed to keep me warm. The shared shower on the same corridor however was ok. I stood in it to warm back up again in the morning. Breakfast was disgusting. I happily checked out never to return again.

• Stayed: January 2005