“A KIP!!!! do not stay here!!!”
Review of Trianon Hotel

Trianon Hotel
Ranked #372 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 February 2013

When we arrived at Hotel Trianon the first thing I noticed was that the room was freezing! It was extremely cold outside already so there was no reason for the heat in the room not to have been turned on before we were given the room.
I tried turning on the radiator and it wouldn't work. I then noticed that the carpet under the radiator and all under the bed was soaking from a leak in the bottom of radiator. I then had a look around the room and took the above pictures. The Head board was covered in stains ( I've no idea what) The carpet was manky and stained. The curtains on the window were covered in damp and stained. The windows themselves were rotting and the wood was falling off. One of the windows would not shut properly and i couldn't lock it.
The toilet had not been flushed!!! There is a grill in the bathroom on the ceiling...this was caked with grease! There was a stain on the tiles in the corner of the bathroom ( I can only imagine what this was) The whole room and bathroom reeked of Bleach!! The list goes on!

To say we were disappointed is a gross understatement. I am definitely not one for complaining at the drop of a hat and when i pay for 2* accommodation I normally don't be expecting the Ritz but the "Hotel" Trianon was a disgrace, was a health Hazard and not fit to keep animals in. If there is a Health and safety authority in Amsterdam then they should be reported immediately.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I booked this hotel through a travel agent and when I looked at the reviews after i was so scared I got travel Insurance for unhabitual accommodation just in-case... Well it was nothing like the reviews, wasn't very luxurious,but served its purpose and it was in a good location was clean NO BED BUGS, clean sheets and new towels every day we stayed.. all though it was small it was a nice hotel and the staff were so helpful. Brekkie was nice too....

Room Tip: we stayed on third floor had loads of cupboard space for our clothes
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna H
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Hotel is situated in good area, easy to get from central st. Stuff is very relaxed so the service is not great. Rooms are ok. But it was very noisy in the night becasue of the people who return from parties..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I thought this hotel was going to be terrible based on the reviews I've read previously. I went in a group of 5 people and the hotel was clean the staff were friendly and the tram stopped 20 seconds down the road.You could travel to the centre in around 25 minutes. Check out is at 11am but our flight wasn't until 9 so we asked the receptionist if we could keep the room until 6pm. They said the hotel was fully booked but if there was a room cancellation we could have that room until we leave for an extra 20 Euro which was very reasonable!
So forget all the other reviews you read here, coming from a me, a clean bed, private shower, and friendly staff is the best thing to get from a hotel and they had all 3!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thegz S
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Its hostal which rents some rooms on a hotel basis. Best thing the Beds were comfy. But the sheets looked as if they'd been on the floor. I had to dust it off. Location is à bit crap. Trams stop @ 11. Ive booked a 4 star hotel with gym thats way closer to Amsterdam centraal for cheaper than this 1star hostal. I regret booking it now.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2012

went to this hotel in nov 2012 for 4 days , omg we were there all of an hour and had to leave, the place stinks of damp, the lights did not work in room to start with paint peeling of walls and the room was tiny only had about a foot and a half to walk inbetween beds, beds are made of foam which i fell of when i lay down, that was final straw so we had to leave and we found a really nice friendly hotel to finnish our trip, i would never recomend to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple