Amsterdam Wiechmann Hotel
US$227
NH Hotels
US$181
US$157
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
US$262
US$247
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$157
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast roomsteep stairscanal viewno elevatorgreat locationwithin walking distanceantique furnitureanne frank houseyogurthard boiled eggslower floorthird floorcharming hotelheavy luggagesitting roomfamily roomcold cuts
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I want to give this hotel a better score because it really was a charming old building, the staff were friendly & helpful & the area is the best area in Amsterdam (oh & the dog was cute & sweet). However, my room was old, stuffy, not very clean, & tiny. I was prepared for the size as I did select the "very small single" & I have stayed in equally tiny places before but if they are clean & fresh, it's not so bad. This room was grotty & it got really hot, I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. Lucky I had a fan in my room but I overheard another guest asking for a fan in his room, so they must not all come with fans. I would not have been able to sleep if I didn't have one. Another thing that bugged me was that on a few occasions the cleaner did not replace my toilet paper & threw out my soap! The hotel did not have a lift which I don't normally mind but the staircase was so narrow I struggled to get my suitcase up there.
The breakfast was average. There was enough to fill you up but I had stayed at Hotel 26 in Berlin prior to staying here & their breakfast was amazing so perhaps I was a little spoilt.
The internet connection was very temperamental. I had to bring my laptop down into the communal lounge (which was a nice place to hang out) but even then it didn't always work. They did have a computer which you could use if you didn't have a laptop.
Despite all this, I did enjoy my stay as the Jordaan really is the most charming neighbourhood in Amsterdam. My friends stayed at a slightly cheaper (though slightly less charming) hotel in the Red Light District & I did not envy them. I would only ever stay in the Jordaan but if I were to stay at Hotel Wiechmann again I would definitely pay a bit extra for a larger room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We travelled to Amsterdam with our 2 children ages 7 and 9. We stayed in the "family room" on the first floor (I believe room 120). The "family room" is basically 2 rooms connected with a sliding door. First of all these rooms were HUGE. They had heavy mouldings and high cielings. The bathroom was also quite large. The beds were comfortable. One room has beautiful bay windows looking out to the canal. And the other room has windows looking into an inner courtyard. I would say the rooms have "character". Sure there was a bit of peeling paint and cracks but it adds to the experience! The lobby was quite pleasant. My children loved the dog. The breakfast was great -- the breakfast room was beautiful with huge windows looking over 2 canals. We were looking for more of an "authentic" lodging experience and the canal house hotel hit the money! We felt like we were taken back to another time. The location is fabulous! Very close to everything but particularly close to the Anne Franke house. Their front desk staff has 24 hour shifts so there was a different person at the desk every day. All were quite helpful and friendly. We particularly liked "Nata" (?sp) who was quite kind to us during our bleary-eyed, jet-lagged registration. We absolutely loved Amsterdam. Despite its reputation its actually quite a fun place for families. We would highly recommend the italian restaurante La Festa right near the hotel. Delicious Italian which is good for families!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie66Boston
Reviewed 25 June 2010

No lift and narrow steps made luggage tough to get to and from the room. The hotel dog was nice but he smelled. The rooms were not very quiet. Breakfast was filling. They were completely occupied for the weekend so some people like this hotel. Weak Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

After a full day of flying, we arrived at the Wiechmann in the early evening and pretty tired. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, suggesting a great seafood restaurant. We promptly got checked in, freshened up and headed out to dinner. What a great introduction to the city. Our walk to dinner took us over the Western canals and into the lower part of downtown which was lively and charming.
The Anne Frank Huis was right up the street, and it is an amazing museum and tribute to the Frank family.
We were able to walk or take the very convenient streetcars anywhere from our hotel. There is even a little Stop 'n' Go bus that speeds up and down Prinsengracht all day if you really don't feel like walking. But the neighborhood is so darling you would be doing yourself a disservice by not exploring it by foot.
The breakfast at the Wiechmann is very complete and fresh, and the staff always made our stay very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nkwroger
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I would highly recommend the Hotel Wiechmann to anyone travelling to Amsterdam. Our room was cozy and clean, and had everything we needed. The breakfast was amazing. The location was beautiful, absolutely stunning :) They also have a very friendly doggy.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple