The Bridge Hotel
US$302
US$247
Orbitz.com
1,103 results
All reviewsamstel riverskinny bridgecarre theatreno liftmagere bruggold apartmentboiled eggstram and metrosmall balconybreakfast roomstayed here for three nightsrembrandt squareminute walkcentral stationyogurtlovely hotelsteep stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was pretty good for your average continental. The hotel had great quirky little touches, such as a collection of antiques under the stairs and art deco travel pictures down the halls. Unfortunately our room was rather disappointing. Having seen that there were better ones from other travellers pictures and the website I think we were given one of the worst rooms. Old linoleum floors and two single beds at either side with chipboard walls - it had the feeling of an old hospital room. The bathroom was very clean but tiny. Sadly it wasn't all I'd hoped. I'd only recommend the hotel if you were guaranteed one of the newer rooms or the apartments.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed four nights at the Bridge Hotel and I can recommend it. The hotel might not be extremely fancy or even modern in terms of surfaces and interior design, it is nevertheless clean, friendly and definitely worth its rates.

My room had a somewhat spartan look but was comfortable and cosy with a view of a small canal. Internet worked fine with a highspeed connection. The bathroom was clean and with a good shower. The best thing was the bed which was very comfortable and I slept very, very good, which is a rare thing in major-city hotels most of the times.

Breakfast included many good things and the staff did a good job of keeping up even if there were many breakfast guests at the time. The staff was in general able and friendly without being intrusive. The location was fine for my purposes and I walked to the station in 30 or so minutes. The only thing I noticed on the downside was a very faint odour of the stale canal water when windows were open but what could you do? Didn't turn on the TV so I can't assess that service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in early August in room 201, which overlooks the Amstel river. This was a very spacious room & had a large balcony to boot!
Every aspect of our stay was enjoyable. The staff, as has been said on previous reviews, were very friendly & helpful.
The location suited us very well, within easy walking distance to all the attractions, without the noise & bustle of city centre sights & sounds.
Approx 10 min walk to Rembrandtplein for instance.
The free breakfast was enjoyable, although after 5 days, we felt a little variety would have been welcome.
One very small niggle we had was that there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We telephoned reception regarding this, and they were happy to provide refreshments, however it would have been nice to have had this convienience in our room itself.
We would recommend paying that bit extra for the Amstel view rooms. The view from the room was amazing & we certainly made good use of our balcony!
Overall a fab hotel in a fab location, and we definately plan to stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is a nice hotel in a quiet area, in a picturesque location right on the river, a bit removed from the busy-ness of the Museumplein and Leidesplein areas. The hotel is very convenient to the Waterlooplein and Rembrandtplein areas, including a tram to Central Station, and an easy walk to the tram (#7, #10) that is just a few stops away from the Leidesplein or the Museumplein or Vondel Park areas. There are no restaurants immediately next door, but an easy walk to cafes and restaurants. The staff were nice and helpful. I was traveling alone and had a very small single room – so small I wondered at the outset if I had made a mistake. However, with a little getting used to, the room was just fine. Nothing fancy, but functional. I glanced in other rooms when doors were open as I was walking by, and they seemed much more spacious, so I think size is only an issue for the single rooms. The breakfast spread was generous, particularly in comparison to continental breakfasts that are offered in the US. Most of my stay was reasonably quiet, although the thinness of the walls was apparent one evening when my neighbors had their television turned on loudly. Free wifi was offered. Although the hotel did not have air-conditioning, it also wasn’t needed, as it was cool in the evenings.

I think Amsterdam is a beautiful city; let me offer a couple of quick suggestions that you may not find in the guidebooks. First, everyone bikes in Amsterdam, and I highly recommend that way of getting around. If you’re used to biking, it actually doesn’t take that long to get around Amsterdam. If you are looking for a really pretty, longer ride with little chance of getting lost, you can rent a bike and just follow the Amstel River going south, away from the city (bring the camera for the shots of windmills across the river), or for the more adventurous, you can bike along the dijks northeast of the city. If you don’t want to rent a bike for 24 hours, but also don’t want to bring it back at 5:45, as required by MacBikes, there is a place called Star Bikes behind Central Station that rents bikes that can be returned at 7:00 pm. Second, don’t do like I did and try to find the free Wednesday noontime classical music rehearsals/concerts at the Concertgebouw during the summer– they apparently only have these during the regular season (not in summer months). :-) Luckily, there are plenty of other opportunities for all kinds of music in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed here for a weekend with my friends. We stayed in a large loft apartment on the top floor of this hotel with beautiful views of the Amstel river. The apartment was very clean, with a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and an open plan living area. Surprisingly breakfast was included as part of our deal...very nice selection of fruit, cold meats and cereals. The hotel is in a very quiet residential area but you can easily walk or take a tram to the entertainment areas of the city. Reception staff were very helpful and allowed us free internet access. Great value for money and would definitely stay here if I return to Amsterdam

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends