“Nice vibe”
Review of The Bulldog Hotel

The Bulldog Hotel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very well located, clean rooms, nice bar with extra cold draught heineken until 03:00AM. Nice breakfast, but nothing fancy. Stayed in private room, it was small, but clean and cozy. Staff was friendly and polite. Next time in Amsterdam, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RobertBulldog, Front Office Manager at The Bulldog Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us. Hopefully your'e next visit is sooner rather than later . Make sure you email us and let us know you are a return guest!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

my friend borrowed the Iron from the front desk. when we came down the stairs at night the same chinese guy shouted in her face! incredibly rude. She didnt know she had to bring it back withing ten minutes, the stairs took that long.Prices for the room were not competitive compared to others thinking back on nite

American guy nice on check in, breakfast nothing special. Was ok. wouldnt go back again
we shared large room between 12 of us. Bathroom stank

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

That does seem a bit extreme and we really sorry if you had a bad experience. It certainly seems strange that using an iron would cause any sort of problem at all.

Guests are more than welcome to borrow an iron. You can leave a deposit at reception and return it when you're through. Easy!

It should be said that we have neither American or Chinese staff at the front desk though...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Have stayed at the Bulldog more times than I think I can remember, great location, great staff, prices has gone up over the last few years but with respect, no more than anywhere else in the city. very popular place to stay, was there for Kings Day 2014 and what a fanatic atmosphere not just with the staff at the Bulldog but the whole city. great experience to witness such a celebrated day after missing it for so many years.

Keep up the good work Bulldog and see you Christmas

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I love the bulldog and have stayed here a few times now but not sure I will stay again. Prices have gone up recently and it is on par with a 4-5* hotel (around 120€ a night for a double room.
The rooms are basic with bathroom TV and beds. There is alot of work going on which meant heating controls were out of use but I was kindly provided with a heater. The works meant that I was woken very early every morning however so no lie in for me.
Not sure what people are talking about the staff as I found them polite and very helpful.
You do have to leave id but you can request it back if you need it.
I hate the fact that you cant take food from outside inside whether it's the bar or your room it's not allowed so you will need to sneak these in. Becomes a bit more satisfying eating KFC in your bedroom having got one over on security!
Overall a great location but for the price and restrictions I don't think I will stay here again as I could get an apartment for less.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My friend and I went to Amsterdam for the first time in April and we fell in love with the place. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff were kind and friendly and extremely helpful. They recommended we try the canal cruise that runs outside, and it didn't disappoint. We stayed in an 8 person all female dorm. The room was clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. There are large lockers (big enough to fit two suitcases) in the room, however you need to take your own padlock. The Bulldog has an amazing atmosphere, especially in the bar downstairs. Drinks are a decent price, and you can smoke if you like (check out Energy coffee shop next door). I can't recommend this place enough - we're already looking at coming back in September :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jasmin C
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay at the bulldog with my girlfriend, the location was amazing and the views were beautiful. Night security was in place and very strict which is good. You can drink and smoke as much weed as you can till 4am in a chilled lounge. We booked a Private room which was average but clean and good sized and comfy bed. Overall a very enjoyable stay and defo be going back!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Keogh1888
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I went with 7 other people and we hired one big room out with 4 sets of bunk beds.it was a great laugh and we had our own bathroom. With toilets,shower and wash basin. Was clean enough and well big enough. Perfect location central to everything. We since returned to the same room and had another great stay. If your looking for a safe budget stay or with friends stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends