“moren n less”

Ranked #89 of 331 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“moren n less”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel 4 days...Actually, hotel was lil bit far to center...20 mins to leidseplein by walk...try to get a daily tram ticket (7.5 eu) or rent a bike...rooms n bath was clean...my rooms was big(number 3). But if u want to stay this hotel, i definetly recommend room number 2 :)
my mate stayed at this room...room number 2 has got a great garden :) u can smoke n hang on the garden ;)
hotel staff was ok....but i supposed hotel staff was high coz we got the wrong answers all the questions asked :)) but it's ok :)

Room Tip: room number 2....choose the heaven :)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

My partner and I stayed in room three in this hotel. On check in we were charged €20 deposit for the room key and €15 for paying by card. We payed online in advance through kwik travel so I'm unsure as to why this was expected of us. The staff don't wear uniform and weren't welcoming at all. There is no lift and the stairs are extremely narrow.

The room was nice, very high ceilings as its a Victorian building. Decorated nicely too. The bed. Well. A double room has two single beds pushed together with two single duvets. Fair enough. However the mattresses slide off the beds so my partner and I couldn't cuddle. ( sounds silly but we live away so when we see each other it's nice to snuggle!!) the bathroom was lovely. A big tiled wet room. Really nice. Needs an extractor fan though got a bit steamy after two showers in there! There is a large television in the room with English channels and some subtitled Dutch channels. Handy when the weather is rubbish like it was! The area itself is pretty nice. No coffee shops near it, you need to get the number two tram to the centre to find anything like that. Loads of tram stops nearby, which is noisy at night. The stairs leading up the building are noisy too so if there are people busy at night staying at the hotel then it keeps you up, unfortunately. Also there is no climate control in the room, at night it was far too hot and in the morning it was very very cold. I will commend the cleaners. They are really polite! I accidentally left my phone in the room on checking out and the lovely cleaner ran down the road to give it to me!!!!! You are only given one towel each though....

The breakfast is basic. Cold cheeses and meats, cereal and toast with fruit juice, nothing to explain what meat it is...and isn't obvious even on eating it what it is. That said my boyfriend really enjoyed it.

Across the road is vondelpark, which is a beautiful park even in the winter, I really recommend visiting because its free, and stunning! Big ponds and artwork and gorgeous flower beds. There is a rosé garden as well. This part of Amsterdam is very pretty, even in the main centre it's very well kept. Very clean. I will say however that it is very expensive. All around it is expensive. Food and tourist attractions like madam tussauds and the van gough museum. The red light district is an interesting experience, it's just as lively in the day as it is the night. I preferred it in the day as when we visited in the night to see it all lit up, we were offered by the locals (including souvenir shop owners) on several occasions class a drugs which meant we left quite quickly. It didn't feel very safe at night, but that's the red light district for you. The coffees shops were nice in the city I recommend any of the Bulldog shops because you can sit and smoke any left overs you may have if you just buy a drink, whereas normally you must buy weed on entrance to any, and for light smokers a tenbag might be too much for one sitting. A good r'n'b coffee shop is the Goa bar. Played (in my opinion) awesome music. We ate mostly takeout and from supermarkets because of the prices generally but it is a city don't forget. Enjoy it, it's definitely an experience I'm glad I've had but I don't think I'll be flying into schipol's massive (and I mean MASSIVE for the size of the Netherlands) airport again. If I do, I doubt I would stay in the hotel again because the staffs attitude and the poor nights sleep my boyfriend and I had.

Room Tip: You can hear the trams until midnight and the stairs up to the top are in constant use, we stayed in...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Amsterdam
Reviewed 30 October 2012

the bed sheets had holes, the carpet had a terrible smell and was filthy, the room was freezing during the day and boiling at night with no way of controlling it and even from the top floor we were kept awake all night by doors banging on the entrance. The hotel was definately the worst part of the trip

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I can only recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms were clean and nice, breakfast had everything you wish for and the staff was friendly. Location is superb, only 15min tram ride from Amsterdam central, 3min away is a beautiful park.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Unbelievable!!!!!

Never see a room like that in Europe, South america standard, but not so clean!!!

- Little Room
- Dirty Moquette of 1930
- The window cannot be opened well
- The Bed soft like gelatin and with old and consumed Blankets
- Dirty Walls
- Breakfast closed at 9:30 (we are in Holidayyyyyyy)
- If u are Taller then 1.80 you will have problem to sit on the toilette