“Great value and relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camping Zeeburg

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Camping Zeeburg
Yorkshire
“Great value and relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Having stayed in our camper van 2 years ago, we decided to try the site's waggonettes for three nights stay during a cycling trip. We really enjoy the relaxed, open atmosphere of this campsite which is good value and provides good facilities for a major city site. It was very full but it is still possible to get to showers/washrooms when necessary. The reception and shop are likewise busy but efficient, helpful and polite. The bar/restaurant provides a good range of reasonably priced food and drink. The waggonette is small but clean and very convenient for those not bring their own housing. You can get to the centre in about 20 mins by tram or bicycle. Excellent !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having previously stayed in Camping Zeeburg two years ago and had a great time my husband and I decided to make this the start and finish points of our travels around Europe this summer. this campsite is an Experience! the atmosphere is great and although There is no electric hookup for tents or defined pitches and the sight was very busy we were more than comfortable. We ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions and enjoyed everything we ordered. We were also able to take the opportunity to charge our laptop and phones while we ate. The shower and toilet blocks were cleaned three times a day. We were given free shower coins for returning to the site. The shop stocks basic essentials and bakes some very nice rolls and pastries. there are two supermarkets two tram stops away. If you tend to attract insects like my husband then repellent is a must. One other negative factor was the lack of working power points in the shower blocks. the same ones weren't working when we returned three weeks later. The wifi was free and the signal was fairly good throughout the site. Overall we had two fantastic stays here this summer and hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Camped etwice in my teens. Had an excellent time here and based upon this I award this site an excellent. The walk to the station over the bridge was fun and the secret pool we found further down the canal was great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mooncat73
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at Camping Zeeburg for 3 nights on a road trip. My fiancee and I were with my sister and her husband. We enjoyed the casual atmosphere of the campground (this could be said of Amsterdam in general), the location to the public transportation, and the pretty good food at the restaurant on site.

My major qualm with this place is that while it was priced very well, we were packed in with other tents on their camping space. We tried to pick a spot with some room, but when we came back from sightseeing, we had tents all around ours, literally touching our walls. I understand that we were camping and that it was an open lot, but I was not expecting sleeping head to head with strangers.

Overall, the Music Festival feel got pretty old, especially over-crowded and dirty bathrooms. We made the most of our time, but I would spring for a more private campsite next time around.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JenniferBurkman
Falkenstein, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed already 3-times at this campsite. I think it's the best campsite in Amsterdam. The location is alright, the walk to the tram takes around 30 minutes (if you are not high it will take just 150 minutes). The offer also Cabins but you need to make a reservation in advance if it's high season. We stayed all the time in a tent. Even if it's full you can look for a spot and if you find a spot you can stay. It's pretty easy to meet people at this place but the noise level can be high sometimes. There is also a little supermarket on the campsite. The only thing what I didn't like, that I had to buy coins for the dirty showers. The toilets were dirty as well. But all in all, I would go here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luggel
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed at this private campsite 5 nights, in late July and early August. I arrived to campsite after midnight and at the entrance; the guy in charge, after processing my lodging, kept my passport and said, it will be given back to me at my departure, although I paid everything in advance. I later on learned that, the only reason they kept my passport for 5 days was to keep it as a deposit for the plastic camp tag they gave me to hang it on my tent. The area set for tent campers was so small, and there were so many tents that, it was no different than a refuge camp. The tents had to set so close to each other, when you try to get out of your tent to go the washroom, you had to jump to not to tackle to the tent ropes.
Though clean, the showers and toilets were not that many, and the common areas for cooking and relaxing were small, that there was line up many times. For the sheltered places like the cafeteria, you had to buy something to sit.
I wanted to rent a bicycle at the campsite. This time, they kept my driver's license as a deposit. I told them, I already left my passport. They said bike office is different than reception. I was left without ID during my Amsterdam vacation.
This campsite is more inclined to serve to the motorhome and trailers which they get more money, an unfortunately they are not treating tent campers well. They don't even mind a complaint, since there is a huge demand from tent campers, and they are still getting customers anyways.
I was leaving on Sunday early morning. Because they kept my passport, I had to get back to the campsite before 10pm to get my passport back, missing the Saturday's entertainment in AMS. I asked them, why I can not receive the passport from the gateman at my departure, who grabbed my passport at my arrival. They told me that, they can not give it to the gateman for the security of the passport; definitely a contradiction.
If you want to sleep a night in a tent, without hearing snoring or chattering, find some other places to camp.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank FredCana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Best campsite i have stayed this close to the city. It is very relaxed and cheap. Reception is helpful and friendly. They refounded us without question when we left one day early. You have to use shower coins but its okay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends