“tasty crispy fried potatoes”

Manneken Pis Amsterdam
Ranked #254 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Athens, Greece
“tasty crispy fried potatoes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Tasty potatoes, I tried the ones with peanut sauce. Very good price for a big amount.
Good, but not the best that I tried duting my trip.
I must say that I prefer the ones at the vlemickx sausmeesters.

• Visited August 2011

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quebec
“Good fries, but don't expect to get blown away...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We went to Manneken Pis because, according to numerous places on the internet, it was THE place to go for vlaamse frites. We went in the middle of the afternoon and the line was not an issue: there were 5 or 6 people in front of us. The place is essentially a counter on the side of the street with one person who takes the order and another person who hands out the food.

While this may sound like blasphemy, "vlaamse frites" are basically french fries that are fried twice and are served with different sauces. The end result is a serving of french fries that are crispy, taste like good potatoes and can be dipped in a sauce of your choice.

It is worth noting that one of the person who gave out fries is a little arrogant. After I ordered a medium sized portion, I asked him for a plastic fork because the ones that are easily accessible are too short for my "fries cone". His answer was blunt and cold: "that's all I've got". This would have been fair if there wasn't a whole stack of these plastic forks next to him.

Overall, the fries were good and you should try them if you get a chance... if not, you're not really missing out and I believe that many other places in Amsterdam can serve you fries that are just as good.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank jimshoe
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Voted No.1 Holland's Fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Fries stalls and snack bars are all over Amsterdam. Manneken Pis is just a small street stall serving fries like any other but the fries is what makes this place so special. They are chunky, fat and crispy from the outside and soft and velvety from the inside. A variety of 8 sauces are available to choose from; ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, cheese, cheese, tartar, andalouse and cocktail. I like mine with either cocktail or andalouse. Fries are served in portions of small, medium and large. Medium is quite a large portion while small is good for a quick snack. If passing by the Dam Square, give yourself sometime and check out this place.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank MGKhoory
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Probably the best "Frites" in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

People outside Holland or Belgium probably think Frites = french fries. Well of course that is not true. While not so healthy you should give this a try when you're in Amsterdam. The tasty crunchy Frites with "mayo" will make a good snack. If you don't believe me look at the long ques ;-).

• Visited October 2010
Millbrae, CA
“Pretty good, but not the best in Holland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I had the best Frites from a truck in Roermond. They were crispy on the outside and light and airy on the inside. Ever since then, I could never find a similar Frite in Holland.

Well , after arriving at Dam Square on a Sunday afternoon, I was looking for a snack. I saw a number of Frites places and decided on this place. Why? The queue was long and there was a 1.5M high plastic replica of a cone of frites.

Even though the queue was long, the line went fairly quickly. I ordered and shortly I received my frites. I ordered a large with cheese sause and it is enough for 2-3 people. The frites were hot and crispy!

The Frites were still not the best I ever had in Holland, but a close second.

• Visited May 2011