“Really nice traditional restaurant”
Review of Van Speyk

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Food was really nice, service was good as well. We also liked the place that was quiet differently from the other restaurants in the zone. The price was a bit high but it worthed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had dinner here with friends and enjoyed it immensely. We were staying at The CP across the road, and Van Speyk was suggested by the concierge, so was very convenient. Great bistro atmosphere, great menu, good wine selection and the head waiter/manager was very friendly and certainly knew his wines. Highly recommended !!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Although I have visited Amsterdam several times, and this restaurant is right across the street from where I stay, I had never eaten there. I did, however, a few days ago, and I am glad I did. The staff is very accommodating and informed, and the food is delicious. Had a bottle of Malbec that was the best I had ever had, and it was not overly expensive. I will put this place on my "short list" of restaurants to return to when I next go to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just ate here. It was a very delicious meal. We both had the stew. It was tasty and a good representative of authentic Amsterdam. Recommend!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had the pleasure to dine on the patio at Van Speyk this past weekend. I ordered the Dutch Beef Stew and it was delicious. The service was also very good.