“Definitely better places around ”
Review of De Maria

De Maria
Ranked #1,341 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinian
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I'm a huge fan of the Argentinian steak houses but this one just didn't cut it with me. The steak was flavourless as was the mushroom sauce. The staff are friendly enough but definitely it lacks atmosphere or something. My partner had fries with his meal which were not good & I had potato with sour cream which was definitely also lacking in taste. I would definitely suggest walking a little further for something more tasty!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

A nice cozy place in Rembrandtplein. Great ambiance and the dim lit interior adds to it. The steaks were really good, well done, nice flavor and their wines were also very good. Would recommend this place for cheap to mid range dining.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I really loved the king prawns and the steak . Those king prawns are the best I've ever ate . Everything was seasoned really well and the service was great I will definitely be going back th next time I'm in Amsterdam . I'm surprised this place has 4 star rating and not 5 star .I really miss those king prawns =-(

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Having had a few days in Amsterdam,we found ourselves enjoying the social scene in the Square,starting with the obligatory Guinness at the Irish pub.
Moving on for a meal found this delightful Argentiniian themed Restaurant-De Maria.
The entree of Garlic King Prawns were cooked to perfection with my partners calamari likewise.
The main of Salmon again was beautifully presented with the other main of Lamb chops aqain tender and moist.Mains served with fries as a personal choice.
A bottle of Malbec finished off the evening.
Although the restaurant is quite small the Argentine decor is so good.
At the end of the evening I personally thanked the chef on his cooking prowess

Reviewed 13 November 2016

HAd the spare ribs and loved them. not too rich in sauce and just the right taste. very flavoursome and yummie. when almost done we were asked if we wanted another free helping, how about that?!

Fantastic friendly service and great food