“Review might be out of date, I saw the museum!”
Review of Amsterdam ArenA

and up
Holland Pass: Best Deals in Amsterdam and Beyond
Ranked #49 of 526 things to do in Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I visited with a friend back in 2010, the stadium itself was ok but the highlight without doubt was the museum.

The tour took you round the usual, pitch side, press areas etc, we went to the dressing rooms but you could only stand at the door, they wouldn't let you in, which I had never come across in other stadium tours.

The museum was fantastic, saw the european cups etc. This was especially exciting for us as Celtic fans, because the trophy that Celtic lifted in 1967 was won by Ajax for the third consecutive time in 1973, and they got to keep the trophy. There were medals, boots, program's and football tops from the great Ajax teams of the 70's and 90's. If the museum is no longer there or open to the public then I would not go back. The museum was the star of the trip

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I haven't done a tour of the stadium, but I have been here many times to watch football matches and it is a very nice stadium. Transport to the ground is good, it has a good atmosphere and typical dutch stadium food.

2  Thank Brentoe
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I made the tour in May and it was really great. We accessed the field, went to the press room, and so many other places. It is very recommended the tour and the guide is really prepared providing lot of details of the stadium history. Great place!

1  Thank Antonella S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The tour was rushed and shortened due to a 8 minute video. You can't go into the changing rooms, the executive areas, go pitchside or even see the pitch as it was covered due to concerts. The floor was dirty and they still charge full price, very poor! There is no museum, despite the incredible history of this club and in the end the guide was shouting people to hurry and stick together and rushed to finish the tour. What a difference with Arsenal or Bayern stadiums. Not worth the detour out of the city, as it's also quite a distance from the city centre away.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a big footy fan so when me and friends visited amsterdam they knew they were getting dragged to the Arena... & to be honest we probably could have done with skipping it!!.. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at stadiums & hearing about it's history & facts & this was no different, but I've been to stadium tours in England & compared to them I left feeling a bit robbed & disappointed. It's a great stadium & there's just something about it that I enjoyed, but for €17 I just feel it was a little bit of a waste of time & money! You can't go into the locker rooms and sit down where the players sit, we were never taken into any executive or president boxes, there's no museum or trophy room & at the start of the tour they just show you a kinda short video that explains the history of the stadium rather then a proper introduction & history lesson from a well trained tour guide. The tour guide we had was good & very nice & had good information about the stadium & also about Ajax fc & Hollands national team. He was a bit over boastful about holland & Ajax but he's obviously very passionate about his club so who cares.. All in all it's a cool stadium glad I saw it but will never go again & if a friend asks ill honestly say I wouldn't waste my time if ye have other things to go and see or do you're not missing much. & compared to English tours such as old trafford or the emirates stadium it's a huge disappointment that's the gods honest truth I'm afraid!..

3  Thank Críostóir O