“I caught a quiet night.”
Review of Maloe Melo

Maloe Melo
Ranked #150 of 285 Nightlife in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I caught a quiet night.”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

It's an occupational hazard of mine. My work trips don't always coincide with the best going-out nights. So it was with this place: I was there tonight (a Monday night) and it was very quiet. In fact, when the two musicians began playing at 11pm, they outnumbered the audience, which was me. The ratio became 3:1 when they were joined by a third player, and it wasn't until nearly the end of the first set that a handful of other drinkers entered the bar.
So I can't really speak about what other reviewers have described as 'amazing atmosphere', but what I can say is that the barman and musicians were genuinely friendly, the venue is a one-room bar but has lots of character and real credentials as a 'home of the blues' in Amsterdam. The music was charmingly loose (on the night I was there) and I wasn't put off from potentially going back there again.
It is a tiny bit out of the way though. I saw one direction which said it was near the bustle and buzz of Leidseplein, but it's a good 10 minute walk away, definately in Jordaan district.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Paul B

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Relaxed, and Rock and Roll vibe!! Live bands every night!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

The place was full of interesting characters!! Everyone was really welcoming and willing to have conversation. Bar staff are very friendly, not to mention there are bands playing every night of the week, which is hard to come across in Amsterdam. The place felt like home after my first visit.

2 Thank Katie H
London
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Nice and cosy :-)”
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Great little bar with an amazing atmosphere! Was really lucky and got a chance to listen to a fantastic blues jam session on Saturday night! I wish there were more places like this!

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great RnR bar!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I loved this little bar, it had a great Rock and Roll atmosphere and (I watched the Lucky Devils) the Music was great, good sound, friendly atmosphere and staff....great little place to do a gig!

Visited April 2012