“Cool interior and good food”
Review of Mazzo

Mazzo
Ranked #135 of 282 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Cool interior and good food”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Taken aback by the reviews here; we just had dinner at Mazzo and it was great ; we came across it by chance and decided to go in for dinner ; interior is cool industrial design , service was friendly and the food was good value for money; loved the mushroom ravioli and the risotto ; wouldn't mind going back ..

• Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Avoid at all costs...the manager should be fired!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Terrible service and rude staff (manager is bald male gentleman who (if your not gay) treats you like pond scum. Food took over one hour and no apology or anything. Avoid if you want a great evening ruined.

1 Thank JBMTrave
Folkestone, United Kingdom
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We wound up at Mazzo on November 2nd after a long day of sightseeing. In desperate need of washrooms, we chose Mazzo because it looked somewhat decent albeit very busy. My husband went in and asked if we had to wait to be seated or if we chose our own spot. A waitress told us to go to the back where the kids area was, which worried us that we were being relegated to the back.

Nothing to worry about! There was a chalkboard wall for my 2 sons (8 and 6) to draw on and enough toys to entertain my 18 month old daughter. We wound up staying for an extra drink because the kids were having so much fun.

That said, the wait staff was not very attentive. We waited for quite some time to place our order and the waitress was not very polite. The food came promptly and was very good. My mother had pumpkin soup and bruschetta, I had the chicken caesar sandwich and my husband the chicken caesar salad, while our two sons had penne pasta in red sauce with cheese. Everything was hot and tasted great. We were all full and felt the food matched the price. The beer was good as was the house wine.

I can't say I would return with just my husband for a couples night out, or even in a group of adults. The restaurant was very busy with not enough waitstaff. But after having to contain children at museums all day, the children's area made the meal a relaxing experience. I would go back if in Amsterdam again with the kids in a heartbeat.

1 Thank wherelolawent
cork
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“truly awful service!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff here are beyond rude, borderline aggressive. We left after we ordered Champagne and were poured cheap Prosecco that the manager claimed was Champagne , when I told him I didn't like Prosecco, he told me 'if you order champagne in a Chinese restaurant you get Champagne from China'. Charming. We cancelled our order and left.

2 Thank lollipopladyCork
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't eat here!!!!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have no words to describe how terrible the service was in this restaurant! Not only was the service poor, the management and staff were so rude! They forgot our reservation which thankfully one of my friends had proof of, offered us prosecco to compensate a long delay for a table and then charged us for it. We had to argue to get it removed from the bill. We had no choice but to go for the sharing platter. We got our our main course almost 3 and a half hours after arriving. Do not go to this restaurant or you will be seriously disappointed!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!

Visited October 2013