“Neglectful service”
Review of Mazzo

Mazzo
Ranked #137 of 288 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Lovely looking restaurant with good food but terrible service. We had a reservation for 8pm but upon arrival we were told there wasn't a table so didn't get seated until 20.25. Once seated we were ignored for a further 20 minutes until we decided to wave someone over. Our drinks then took a further 20 minutes to arrive (actually my husbands beer didn't arrive at all) and then the pizza took 1.5 hours to arrive. All in all a very long wait with no updates in between and the waitress didn't look over once. She wasn't friendly or apologetic about anything. On the plus side the pizza was tasty. Wouldn't recommend unless you're not in a rush and don't mind being ignored.

There are newer reviews for Mazzo

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Taken aback by the reviews here; we just had dinner at Mazzo and it was great ; we came across it by chance and decided to go in for dinner ; interior is cool industrial design , service was friendly and the food was good value for money; loved the mushroom ravioli and the risotto ; wouldn't mind going back ..

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Terrible service and rude staff (manager is bald male gentleman who (if your not gay) treats you like pond scum. Food took over one hour and no apology or anything. Avoid if you want a great evening ruined.

1  Thank JBMTrave
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We wound up at Mazzo on November 2nd after a long day of sightseeing. In desperate need of washrooms, we chose Mazzo because it looked somewhat decent albeit very busy. My husband went in and asked if we had to wait to be seated or if we chose our own spot. A waitress told us to go to the back where the kids area was, which worried us that we were being relegated to the back.

Nothing to worry about! There was a chalkboard wall for my 2 sons (8 and 6) to draw on and enough toys to entertain my 18 month old daughter. We wound up staying for an extra drink because the kids were having so much fun.

That said, the wait staff was not very attentive. We waited for quite some time to place our order and the waitress was not very polite. The food came promptly and was very good. My mother had pumpkin soup and bruschetta, I had the chicken caesar sandwich and my husband the chicken caesar salad, while our two sons had penne pasta in red sauce with cheese. Everything was hot and tasted great. We were all full and felt the food matched the price. The beer was good as was the house wine.

I can't say I would return with just my husband for a couples night out, or even in a group of adults. The restaurant was very busy with not enough waitstaff. But after having to contain children at museums all day, the children's area made the meal a relaxing experience. I would go back if in Amsterdam again with the kids in a heartbeat.

1  Thank wherelolawent
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff here are beyond rude, borderline aggressive. We left after we ordered Champagne and were poured cheap Prosecco that the manager claimed was Champagne , when I told him I didn't like Prosecco, he told me 'if you order champagne in a Chinese restaurant you get Champagne from China'. Charming. We cancelled our order and left.

2  Thank lollipopladyCork