All reviews heineken brewery large suitcases spent nights in this hotel tram stop minute walk quad room late at night by foot hotel staff rooms are clean triple room residential area central amsterdam small hotel city staircase rijksmuseum
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Upon arrival at this "Hotel" the door was locked. A phone number was left on a note stuck on the door. We rang the door bell. No-one answered the door. We were stuck outside with all our luggage after a long trip to get to the Netherlands. A guest eventually came out of a door and we managed to go in. A man was sitting inside at the admin desk and said that he had been there all the time. We asked why the locked door and why not answer the doorbell? He said he did not know why. The stairs were horrific and I would not recommend this hotel. We went across the road to Astoria Hotel where it was light, bright,clean and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tania S
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Kap Hotel is as another guest who was at the hotel when I was, a typical Amsterdam Value hotel

It is in many respects. Long walk up steep steps. Shared facilities and basic accommodations

There are only thing that makes it stand out against many of it's competitors.
First the location is excellent. It is close to the Museum District and with in an easy tram ride to the RAI center for conventions and Fairs

The other point of difference is the Manager Chaolai Chang..What the hotel lacks in amenities he makes up for in his personal service.

N o request is ignored. My hat is off to the hotel or should I say it's manager

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator get a room as close to the main floor as possible
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at Hotel Kap for 1 night in a room with a skylight that didn't close completely. When it rained in the middle of the night, water poured through the window & my mattress & I got wet. I ended up moving the bed about 1-2 feet so it wouldn't be directly under the skylight. If I'd been aware of this problem earlier, I would've requested a different room. Fortunately, I checked out the next morning. Even though Hotel Kap is centrally located & on a quiet street, I won't ever go back there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CatPorter
Reviewed 22 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Have stayed in far nicer youth hostels. Whole place run down and very dirty. Single rooms very cramped with nowhere to hang up a towel and no working plug to charge phone.Toilet in corridor shared with several other rooms. Open shower in room very smelly but at least there was plenty of hot water. Room not cleaned or made up on second day. Was told they 'had forgotten!' They also 'forgot friends room 2 floors down! They did deliver supposedly clean towels on request while we were out but arrived back to discover they were soaking wet. Window in room jammed open with a piece of wood. Very chilly! Breakfast basic and would be okay if they catered well. Arrive 5 minutes after start and already no rolls, butter or milk! Had to wait 20 minutes for more rolls to be cooked.
On the plus side the hotel is situated in an excellent position close to two main tram lines. Easy to walk to all main areas. Quiet at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends