“Awful experience!!! Stay away”
Review of Hotel Kap

Hotel Kap
Ranked #297 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Upon checking in I realized that the rooms have no toilets!!! And when I told the staff that I would not be staying as a toilet is important to me I was given the worst treatment. The young guy at front desk started to raise his voice and tell me I knew what I was getting into and that I should take my things and get out! He even threw some papers in my face! I wouldn't stay there if someone paid me!! And the attitude of staff was shocking. Do yourself a favor for the same price I was able to get into a best western.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a two star hotel, no more, so please dont stay here if two stars aint good enough. Mostly becouse the staff is so great and nice that i wouldnt want them to deal with dissapointed guests.
They made my stay, my honeymoon, so nice, helpfull and charming guys that go that extra mile for you.
I forgot all my shoes at the hotel and they send them to me! No normal 2 star hotel would do that!
Go here for the location, price and friendly staff.
I will def stay here again. Reccomend the larger rooms with french balcony.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in a triple room and this was the first holiday that I went on wig my friends and we thought it was a really good hotel for the money we paid, close to most things and the room was a good size, nothing was broken and the staff were very friendly. Only bad thing was that the stairs were very steep, so I would advise that if you go get an en suite bathroom instead of sharing otherwise had a brilliant time

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel is located in step-distance from all major Amsterdam places of interest, so you can just walk around the city from mornung till late night. There also is a chance to park your car near the hotel. However, you rather have to ask for local support, using Amsterdam park automats for the first time. It's quite complicated. The hotel itself is small and not very modern. If you come there - mind the stairs. They are as steep as on a battleship. Personnel is kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Located at a good and quiet place. Room was too small for the price of over 70 Euro. Broken window, almost no closet to put in the clothes, No space for the hanger just in front of the shower. No proper table just a weak old piece of wood poorly fixed on the wall. Window glass missing just poorly covered with wood, window couldn't be closed because the closing system ws broken

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Just a dump. Tiny room which wouldn't be so bad if anything worked. The shower was broken and smelled really bad. No blinds on the skylight so as soon as the sun came up you were wide awake.
It wasn't even that close to the centre.
I stayed 1 night then checked in to the boutique hotel Sebastians for only 20 euros more.
You'd be better off in a hostel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Upon arrival at this "Hotel" the door was locked. A phone number was left on a note stuck on the door. We rang the door bell. No-one answered the door. We were stuck outside with all our luggage after a long trip to get to the Netherlands. A guest eventually came out of a door and we managed to go in. A man was sitting inside at the admin desk and said that he had been there all the time. We asked why the locked door and why not answer the doorbell? He said he did not know why. The stairs were horrific and I would not recommend this hotel. We went across the road to Astoria Hotel where it was light, bright,clean and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family