“The worst hotel I've ever been to. DO NOT GO HERE.”
Review of Hotel Manofa

Hotel Manofa
Ranked #356 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Unless you are male, aged 18-25 and just want to go to Amsterdam to smoke and get drunk then DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL however good it seems on price and location, there are much better hotels for a few Euros more. The only slight positive is the location which is probably what bumps the price up.

Top floor room, 411. Awful, just awful. Steep staircase(which isn't a problem for me but maybe for some), dark smelly rooms, run down bed and bedding, dirty walls, hotter than a sauna, a shower that resembles a dripping tap. However the worse thing for me was the noise at night....I would have got more sleep strapped to the wing of the Easyjet aeroplane go over to Amsterdam than I did in room 411. Horrendous.

I have been in some hotels in my time that I thoughts have been bad but this one is just awful.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Manofa

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Don't stay in this hotel, I booked a double room for 65 euros on the internet as I was looking for a hotel close to the main attractions which was still relatively cheap and looked clean. The pictures on the internet made the rooms and the reception area look very clean and tidy. I figured that i wouldn't be spending much time in the room anyway, as i would be out sightseeing and partying.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a long staircase (zero lifts) which we had to carry our heavy luggage up with a carpet which looked like it had not been hoovered for a year, and a reception which was drab, dark and dingy with poor and unwelcoming service. As my boyfriend checked in and, unknowing to me at the time as I was waiting with the suitcases, they charged him 85 euro for the room which was 20 euro more expensive than originally agreed on the internet. He was not to know that the room was only 65 euro as I had booked it myself! We then were given our card for the room which was located on the top floor 3/4 staircases up. As we walked up the stairs there was dirty laundry left outside rooms, cracks and stains all over the walls. It was disgusting. As we walked into our tiny room we saw two single beds pushed together with thin pillows, a sink and dirty mirror in the corner and the laminate floor was missing chunks of wood out of it! we left our cases in the room and headed out for the town. During our day out it sunk in how unwelcoming and unsafe the hotel was and if we were to come back to our rooms drunk and stoned we would feel paranoid and like we just wanted to get out! We then decided to go back to pick up our suitcases from the manofa hotel and leave. The receptionist was a different one to the one which had checked us in and apologised for the increase in price for the room and that they would offer us another room as they were aware that the room was small and dingy - (why put us in it in the first place then?!) we decided to pay out and book a room at the eden hotel which was beautiful with en suite and tv and bigger bed for 50 euros more than the manofa hotel. To us it was worth every cent, and just goes to show that you pay for what you get! I was a little disappointed that we ended up paying for a room that we didn't even stay in but if the photos on the manofa website werent as deceiving as they were and they showed the 'hotel' truthfully i would never have booked it in the first place. Hope this helps other people and advises from being deceived!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine E
Reviewed 15 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First off all we arrived on time at reception. A young girl greeted us at reception and asked to take the payment. I gave her my card to take the payment which had gone up from original price when I first booked. My card was then declined which was odd because I had put the money in for the hotel days before. I paid 80euros cash for 2 of us for 1 night. The room was dirty and looked nothing like the pictures that are up on the net. As soon as I got home I went straight to the bank to fine out we're my money was and was told that hotel manofa took the payment from my card the day before we arrived!!! I then had to wait a week to get my money. I was only there for a night so giving them 80 euros out of my spending money messed it all up.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you want to see a lot of Amsterdam and you don´t want to spend a lot of time in your hotel, then Hotel Manofa is ok. It´s very central.
The room was ok, but the bathroom was terrible. The breakfast includes cornflakes, toast, eggs, juice and koffee. Brakfasttime is 8-10h, but when you go there at 9.30h, then the toast ist empty.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I guess the price was good for a city centre location but still high for the amenity. If it were America you would think you stepped into a boarding house or inner city hostel. But it is not the USA, it is Amsterdam.

Yes the windows did not open without being held by a stick and the TV was 10 inches with bad reception, but the room did face the main road and we got to watch all the exciting culture. We were close to the main square and fun walking and sites to see all around. Was relieved that we were not in the red light district and was ale to walk around freely with family.

Would I stay here again? I probably would as I have a little better understanding of what a buck will pay for in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family