“Beautiful but stinky”
Review of Maes B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maes B & B
Ranked #32 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed in the top floor apartment for 3 nights. It is large, beautiful, clean, quiet enough, with modern appliances and a good bed. The problem was the strong smell of sewer in the stairwell. It came up into the room, especially if we opened the bathroom window. The other problem was I lost the key. The charge was 50 euros, which is a little steep for a replacement.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

It was an unique experience staying in the attic room which is huge and comes with a mini-kitchen, bathtub, and living area. The house is charming and our room has a nice view of the street. The only problem I foresee for the attic room is for people who are of bigger build, Asians would probably be fine and kids would love it!

The B&B is one tram stop away from the main station followed by a rough 7-min stroll so it's easy to walk everywhere in town.

Ken, Vlad and Milo (hope I spelt that right) were great hosts and approachable folks, wished that we had more time here!

Reviewed 3 June 2011

I visited Amsterdam in April and stayed for three nights at Maes B&B. I managed to get monumentally lost getting to the office (typical of me, not at all reflective of Amsterdam or Maes!), so I was really worn out by the time I arrived. But Vlad took pity on me, and showed me where my room was, toted my bag down the stairs, etc., and on the way, showed me a couple of good places to eat.

My room was spotless, very comfortable, and quiet. The bathroom/shower area was huge. And the breakfast! I haven't seen a spread like that in a long time. Every kind of pastry, meats and cheeses, eggs, those lovely little pancakes that should be a food group of their own, it goes on and on. Needless to say, I left breakfast every morning well fueled for plenty of sight-seeing!

I highly recommended Maes B&B for your visit to Amsterdam. It's centrally located just a few blocks from Central Station and easy to find (unless you're like me, in which case, I'm sorry for you...). And even if you do get lost, it's worth the search!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

It's rare to call a place you stayed on vacation perfect... That being said, this place WAS perfect. First, Ken and Vlad were on top of everything from the moment I booked the place, making sure we knew everything we needed to know and more. I was the lucky booker of hotels and when we arrived, I got high fives all around from my 3 buddies for the amazing Amsterdam apartment we had. A quaint apartment with 2 floors, 2 bathrooms, a beautiful outdoor terrace... It was way more than expected. It felt like home and we instantly wished we were staying in Amsterdam longer than 2 nights. Walk outside and you're in the middle of where you want to be. A quiet street, however close to restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, groceries and just a short walk to the red light district, the Anne Frank House, and other landmarks. Ken and Vlad were friendly and warm and made us feel very comfortable. I am so glad that I found them on tripadvisor.

I should also mention that the beds were so nice and comfortable! Again, rare!

I would love to go back and would never stay anywhere else. Truly home away from home, Netherlands style!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2011

We loved our stay here! Ken and Vlad and staff are so great. The house is in a fabulous location for walking, dining, and enjoying Amsterdam. Our room was just four stairs up from the kitchen and was very quiet. You have access to the kitchen and a nice sitting room. Our room was small but very comfortable with a great king bed and because of the location you can open the windows and just hear the birds. The newly finished bathroom is very cool with the shower and tub in the attic. The breakfasts were the best of all of our B&B stays this trip.
We loved Amsterdam and this fabulous house.

Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed a week at Maas B & B in April/May and absolutely loved it! Ken and Vlad were incredible hosts, offering great service and wonderful tips about the area and things to do. We loved the charm of the Canal House they have renovated... it is comfortable, spotlessly clean and has a terrific security system! We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast that Milo prepared every morning, especially all of the fresh fruit, and the fresh flowers that were always in the common areas! The location can't be beat! We could walk to everything we wanted to do in the heart of Amsterdam, and it was so close to the Centraal Station for heading out to Keukenhof, the Hague and the airport. The neighborhood has many restaurants, and we had a wonderful time exploring, especially on Queen's Day--a very wild, fun experience!! We really hope we will be able to come back and stay at Maas again!! Thanks Ken and Vlad!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We recently stayed at one of Maes B & B's appartments right on the canal. What an amazing find. My partner and I have been going to Amsterdam for years and only found this amazing place this year. The appartment is huge and faces right onto the canal with large window that open. There is a full sized kitchen, laundry, cable, wireless internet, tbu, you name it. The location is perfect as it is nestled right in the Nine Streets, which, in my opinion is the best part of Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for the appartment on the second floor