Heart of Amsterdam
US$163
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$189
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$107
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$153
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$153
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed dormtop bunkdam sqlocation is idealvisit amsterdamtrain stationlockersplugcanalmuseumradiatorcafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed there for 6 days with 2 other friends in a private room,save your money because its not worth it.We stayed in the Matrix room,it only had 1 fan the room was so hot because the windows do not open,we had to put the stall in it to keep the window open.My bed had a razor cover in it and had dirt on the pillow and the duvet.The floor was mega dirty it was like they did not clean it.The toilet was tiny and it smelled I don't think it got cleaned while we was there.The shower was nice but the only downside is that everyone in the room can see you showering and there was nowhere private to changed.We also got taxed 100 euro's each which we only found out when we booked in.The only plugs in the room that worked was the two that I had in my bed.The tv was broken someone who stayed there before us had broken the screen.We was not told about the broken tv,we paid a lot of money for this room and it was not up to the standard.The walls and floor and so thin you can hear everything that is going on.The only good thing about this hostel is the location and got clean towels everyday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This beauty is smack-bang right in the middle of the red light district. Each night we walked no further then 5 minutes to the best clubs, cafés and sex shows. The rooms were massive, something most European hostels lacked through out my travel and the staff were super helpful and friendly. I'd just like to give a special mention to one lady at the front desk (I'm not allowed to name names) who helped me greatly after I lost my bag. She helped me cancel my cards, phone etc and was always in a positive, happy mood. With her help I managed to recover my bag and I am so immensely greatful to her. If you are reading this, thank you so much! One of the best times on my European vacation, great friendships made with our room mates and best memories at this hostel, would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Ended up being around 38euros/night, and 14 of us stayed there for 4nights. I understand that the location was sublime, but the rooms were dark and stuffy. Having come back from holiday, I now find myself with bed-bug bites all over my body.If you want a good experience in amsterdam, DON'T come here.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a single room for 6 girls. It poured like crazy 2 hours after our arrival and leaked into our room (3rd floor). They kindly put us in a new room for the night. For that they gave us free breakfast for the rest of our stay. Great staff as well, told us about all the good spots around. It is literally in the heart of the Red Light district (we could watch the red windows from our room), so if you don't like noise at night or people around, this isn't for you. About 10 mins from Centraal Station and lots to do around the area.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor. There is no lift.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Pleasantly surprised when we went into the room, it was very clean and seemed hygienic enough. The windows didn't really open or shut properly but this wasn't an issue. We did think that the safes were broken though as it wasn't explained that the safe keys had to be collected seperately to the room keys!
There was always hot water and the shower was perfectly fine.
It was quite noisy at nighttime (to be expected as is in the red light district) and the rooms were very warm which resulted in a restless nights sleep.
This is a generally good hostel, however, one of my friends had her money stolen from her suitcase, even though we were in a private room, but nothing could be done about it.
Recommend going in a group, especially for girls, as walking back to the hostel very late at night can be quite scary!
We did like how all the rooms were themed though!

Room Tip: Higher floors are up a very steep staircase so avoid if unable to climb! Rooms looking over the main street are quite noisy to sleep in but are good for people watching!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends