“Incredibly fun with friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Armada Hotel

Armada Hotel
Ranked #294 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Evergem, Belgium
“Incredibly fun with friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

In the beginning of July I went here with friends to go and see Ke$ha in concert. We searched for a low cost hotel and found this in the heart of Amsterdam. We were with 5people and got the room at the top of the hotel. In the attic. It was super cosy, fun to hang around in with friends and generally giving us a comfortable place to chill. The shower water however, was cold as ice, which we didn't mind as it was very hot outside. the receptionist was very friendly and funny! definitely coming back (only if I'm with friends!).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Expensive! Bit of a treck to get anywhere, but close to the tram at least. Although the beds were quite comfy and the wifi free, the handheld shower pissed me off, the staff were grumpy and unhelpful, the phone in our room did not work and they did nothing to try and fix it for us, the breakfast was unsatisfactory and the morning waitresses seemed constantly in a bad mood. The price of our room went up from £70 to £100 the second night and we were then told staying a third would triple it (as there was some festival on making it extra busy). Honestly, after this experience I would simply avoid Amsterdam altogether :-/

• Stayed May 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay at armada. My room wasn't technically in the armada house it was the house next to it. I must have been upgraded for free because my room was absolutely massive. I had a big queen size bed, desk, couch, wardrobe, self contained bathroom with bath/shower and a flat screen tv... And still enough floor space to do some yoga.
Location was fantastic as I opted to walk everywhere. Rembrandt square was just a few streets back, really good to go for a meal. Rijksmuseum was a short walk away and all the nearby streets were great for shopping. Armada also offer free breakfast in the mornings from 7 til 10am. Buffet style. Nothing too fancy but I was content with eggs and fresh bread and meat every morning. The free wifi was also a nice addition. My only complaint is that I had to lug my 20kg suitcase up a flight of stairs.

• Stayed August 2013
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked this hotel many weeks ago, had to cancel due to family problems, and am still awaiting the refund they promised they'd make! I've no idea how good or bad it is, but be very careful before giving them your credit card details.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have asked the reception lady to book us a private boat and she did! She made the reservations and asked for my credit card. Then she called me saying the boat has been reserved for 3:30pm on Sunday! Her name is Nanar. 1 hour later she called me and said they don't accept visa and she said just to come to the hotel and pay with a different credit card. My boat reservation will still be reserved.
When I came back to the hotel there was a guy at the reception he said the lady left for the day. I asked him about the boat he had no idea! and there is no booking at all! Me and my friends were very upset! The reception man was smiling and he didn't care! I told him to call the lady reception who was there before him he said he does not have her #. I asked for the manger # and he refused to give me his # and when I insisted he did!!!
Now listen to this guys!!! I called the manager up! His name is Oma. He was very rood to me! He said the hotel were not suppose to make the reservations. And he asked me what nationality I was! He asked me if I was American! And I said what does that have to do with anything! He said 'Madam you are not in the States, there you can pay 100,000US dollars and bribe the boat companies to book u a a boat'!!!!
Honesty!!! What he said didn't make any sense!!! It just made me very angry!! then he said ' I will hang up the phone on u as I don't have time for this'.!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Briey, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Not very far from Rembrandtplein, on Keizersgracht, magnificent place, really quiet. The Armada is an old establishment but really clean. Our room was rather small with a good bedding. Situated well and not very expensive. Correct.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Tiny room, tiny, tiny! One person will need to lay on the bed for the other to move to the other side of the room.

Good location near Rembrandt Square and local restaurants.

Showering wet the entire bathroom, primarily due to its small size and lack of shower curtains. Broken elevator so be prepared to walk three flights of stairs if staying at the top floor.

Good breakfast with variety. Tram station directly outside making transit to Central easy.

Overall fine just a little small. Who sits in the room at Amsterdam anyway?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple