“Cheese & More Cheese”

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Cheese & More Cheese”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Well stocked shop obviously aimed at the tourist trade with young ladies dressed in " Dutch " milkmaid costumes !
Good selection of cheese from Edam to Smoked !
Fairly good prices but there are better cheese purveyors in Amsterdam !

Visited July 2013

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stumbled into this shop by chance due to the heavy rain and wet streets making it rather difficult to get to my preferred destination. To my surprise the shop owner spoke perfect English and was not bothered by the fact that I was dripping from head to toe. Due to strict custom regulations in Australia, the shop owner knew exactly what type of cheese I could purchase to bring home, hence she pointed me in the right direction. The array of cheeses on display lures you into wanting to buy everything, although the smallest block is still fairly large by overseas standards so be sure you pick something you really like. The pesto and herbed cheeses were my favorite and they were definitely a family hit when I brought them home!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Suling K
Heart of England
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“What can I say, it's a cheese shop!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

You can sample EVERY kind of cheese here, and spreads. Yum, Yum. They don't hurry you along either. I found this shop by chance in one of the "Whats on Magasines" and wanted buy cheese to take back home. So many choices, all delicious, if you like cheese of course. Reasonably priced too with some lovely gift pack ideas. I came away with pesto cheese, cumin cheese and chilli cheese.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank ZekesWife
St Louis MO
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“You must stop and sample the cheeses”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We also just happened to visit one of the several Cheese shops... Goat cheese, Sheep cheese, Cow cheese... old, new, flavored... all just waiting for you to sample to your heart's content. The store clerks are happy to assist w/ questions, slicing more cheese, etc.

My only disappointment was that they suggested that since we were from the USA, we should get on the Internet and purchase our cheeses from the NJ warehouse... supposedly better climate control in shipping.

To our frustration, the standard choices were not (as of this date) available!!! I emailed Willig, and someone did respond, asking a few questions... acknowledging they were our of stock (should arrive mid-Oct)... but that even then, some of the cheeses we tasted would still not be available.

Dang!! That cheese was the best I've tasted in quite awhile. (Even better than Wisconsin & Oregon cheeses)

Visited September 2012
panama city
283 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 306 helpful votes
“Wonderful Cheese and Candy Shop!!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were strolling along and accidently found Henri Willig Cheese shop. We wondered in and watched how the cheese was made. We also sampled many varities of cheeses. They also have a candy stor next door and we bought amazing chocolates. Don't miss this, you will love the shop!!!

Visited July 2012