“Dissapointed after theft”

West Side Inn Hotel
Ranked #293 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Dissapointed after theft”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed for 3 nights, room was decent for the value, smelled a bit funny and had a few suspicious stains on the wall and floors. The toilet was bellow standard, the shower was missing the shower curtain so it ment that the toilet was soaked after a shower. Outside during the nite there seems to be a lot of traffic passing in the early hours of the morning. After an evening out came back to the room to discover that the room had been trashed and an ipod had been stollen, there was no forced entry which ment it had to have been the staff who had been cleaning earlyer. The manager said there was nothing the hotel could do. I will not be returning, nor would i advise anyone to stay there. For the money it cost it was good, thats it

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Rubeng03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
paris
Reviewed 19 February 2012

the rooms are nice, clean.
the tramway is near the hotel.
two supermarket near the hotel.
lift out of service.
reception are really not helpful and not welcome.
look more like a good hostel and not a hotel................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank barnaoui m
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here just for one night as the picture looks ok, and the price was good. It has an average rating on here so I thought why not? It's only for one night. I think I just got a bad room. The main thing for me was smell. I'm not good with smells and this room smelled of cheap stale cigarettes. The bathroom smelled of stale urine. As we walked in though it was basic but what we expected. My main problem was the bathroom, there was the worst shower I have ever seen in my life, it looked like an outside tap and it sprayed in any direction but the shower which resulted in a flooded bathroom as there was no door. The toilet didn't flush but my boyfriend fixed it. The bedside lamp didn't work and my bed dipped in the middle. Good TV though with BBC 1 and 2, however the 'free wifi' wouldn't work. Also a little tricky to find at first and I don't think I'd bother staying again...

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 356
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Askex for a cheap room within tram distance of central square. Hotel was cheap as Chips for booking early and no problem throughout my stay although it was a little cold

• Stayed November 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I checked in the Hem Hotel at 10pm. 10minutes after packing, The power cut off. We then went down to complain and the staff were rude. A male member said they cant do anything beside we have to wait. it's been over 2 hours stilling in a dark room with no tv no light or nothing! Again, we went downstairs and asked a different member of staff and he said they will give us a free pizza for the inconvenience so we waited downstairs. Whilst waiting, we NOTICED A RAT IN THE FOOD AREA. again we told the staff and his respone was "Oh, is that all?" and walked away. This is our first 3hours in the Hem Hotel and all i can say is this is possibly the worst ive ever been in. Im not much of a complainer but I feel this is unaceptable. Hopefully if you stay you wont recieve the service we have. Thanks for reading.

4 Thank simonhoang
grantham
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I found this hotel surprisngly good.It is a 20 minute tram ride to the city centre,which is great because you do get to see Amsterdam on the way.For just 7 euros you can buy a 24 hour ticket.
The hotel is in a residential area,but there are places to eat just a short distance away.
The room was quite spacious and quiet.I am a light sleeper but I slept very well for the 2 nights we were here.
The only thing in our room was shower gel/handsoap.There is no hairdryer,I understand you can hire from reception and it did say on the website some rooms had 1.
The only negative was the shower.The shower head was really hard to move and the water missed my body ,I had to stand right in the corner of the cubicle to get the water on to me!
We did eat breakfast for 12 .50 euros.This included cereals,bread bacon scrambled eggs,fruit,yoghurt,it was really good food and value.
I found the reception team friendly and helpful.
The bar area was great for the 16 of us to meet and have a drink before going out.
This hotel is a good budget hotel just outside of Amsterdam,lso if you are searching for luxury you will not find it here.
We came with a large group of friends and had a great time and it was really good value for money.If I came to Amsterdam again I would prefer to be nearer to centre of the city.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends