“Really great hostel, quiet and clean, awesome beds!”
Review of Hostelle

Hostelle
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It is true that this hostel is about twenty minutes from the city by train, but the station is five minutes walk away and with a week train pass, it's no big deal, especially when you take into consideration how NICE this place is...
Everything was clean, the beds were fresh and comfortable, people were quiet and there was a great common room with movies and books if you want to be up.
I only have two small criticisms for the hostel, the first is the showers don't drain well and water gets all over the floors thoughout the bathroom, the shower stalls are a bit awkward....for a few days (I stayed a week) this was no big deal. They did seem to run out of hot water when busy!
The other issue is that they won't let you do your own laundry for fear of someone breaking the machines....I didn't think this was a problem until I came back from my afternoon out and found instead of keeping my laundry locked up in the closet they'd put it back in my room on a chair...so some of my nicest clothes were,of course, missing. :( so if you have them do your laundry make sure they keep it locked up until you come back for it. I think this was a little thoughtless on thier part and really sucky for me because I lost my lucky sweatshirt (given to me by a good friend)...
Ok aside from that this place is really great! Amsterdam can be nuts for hostels so this is like a little piece of nirvana, a place to escape to when you need peace and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Hostelle

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here with a few friends during King's Day this year and I had a great experience. The staff was very helpful in checking in, giving directions, and using the public transportation. Also, the hostel was very welcoming and comfortable. There was a movie night with free popcorn and snacks and the rooms were pretty good for hostel standards. The location of this hostel is also great because it's away from the city center so you're not bothered by noise, but it's literally a 5 minute walk from a Lidl (grocery store) and then just another few minutes down the road is the train station. I would definitely recommend this place to other travelers!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Haley T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Although slightly further out of town, Hostelle was really easy to get to on the metro, only about 10-15 minutes from Centraal Station. It was a very clean and well decorated place and had a nice community atmosphere being all girls! There are shared showers and toilets, both of which are spacious and clean with several cubicles in each. Towels were not provided and the lady on the front desk when we checked in wasn't overly friendly, but when we checked out the lady was lovely. There was a room to lock your bags in if you arrived early and the beds had lockers underneath them with a padlock provided. There was also a tv and a 'buy and swap' area in the lobby. I'd highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel for two nights. It was peak season for armsterdamso that it was full house. I feel it is more likely a university dorm. 8girls share one room, and outside the room there are shared kitchen,toilets and bathrooms .In the night,girls gather at living room to watch movies. It is really nice feeling although we do not know each other.only sometimes the internet is not working in the room and only two sockets in each room. For the location, it is not too difficult to find it.no matter you take a train or bus, you can get off at Bijlmer arena station. Go out from exit near starbucks, go through the area which is under construction and walk all the way until a bicycle bath. You can a signage board which is "hostelle"in front of you. At the left side, there is a supermarket . At this time,turn left and walk around 100meters futher, you can find another sign of "hostelle" . Turn right as the arrow showing, after going inside the green door, you can reach the reception of this building. Hostells is located at 4th floor.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jessywen
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been to Amsterdam many a time and every time I have stayed in a hostel in the city centre it has been dirty, noisy, and with one of Amsterdam's main attractions for young travelers being drugs, staying in a city center hostel can be a little intimidating for someone who doesn't partake in those kind of activities.

My friend, who had never been to Amsterdam before, wanted to have a 'nicer' experience but without the cost of city center hotel. After some research, I found Hostelle. With it being female-only we knew we'd feel safe. One huge positive of it being outside of the center was that there was a parking space for us and the transport links were great because we were right by the football stadium. The whole area seems very clean and newly renovated, though a little quiet...

The rooms are all beautifully designed and clean, the only downfall was that we were in a room with 6 other girls, some of which were in Amsterdam for the summer to attend classes. They all seemed to wake up at crazy times like 6/7am and didn't really uphold hostel etiquette of at least trying to be quiet. It was also quite hot in the room.

Other than that, I would say this was a really great hostel with extremely helpful and friendly staff perfect for female travelers.

Check out our trip: http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/nessandjess/3/1400489922/tpod.html

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I really liked this hostel. The female only aspect made it very quiet and relaxing. However, I could not sleep here! The beds moved a lot whenever the woman above me turned over. She didn't have to move much, and the bed still rocked. It woke me up numerous times each night, and I hardly slept the entire time I stayed here. Had I not booked ahead, I would probably have tried to change hostels just to get some sleep. Other than the awful beds, everything else was quite nice. The showers and toilets were plentiful and clean. The large common area was nice, with a tv and couches and one group computer. I liked the location away from the center. It was about 25 minutes from the downtown area. The train was close by and offered a 72 hour unlimited pass for a good price. There were two grocery stores within walking distance that had everything I needed. A few restaurants were available as well. I walked to a large park that wasn't too far away. It was a quiet neighborhood that had most conveniences. If only the beds were wooden or immovable, I could have slept, and it would have been a perfect stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed a single night (eight bed dorm) at Hostelle on 17th May during our visit to Amsterdam. I am sorry to say that I got bitten by bed bugs and developed the tell tale red spots a day after my return. In addition the beds were of metal and squeaked a lot. I have stayed in many hostels in Germany and even once in US but I never had this problem of bed bugs before.
I give it 2 stars simply for the helpful staff and other facilities like kitchen that worked fine.
Also it is 10 metro stops away from amsterdam central station, but we had to book this place as all other hostels were full. Way too bad for the 40 euro per night, per bed in an eight bed dorm and common bathrooms.
I am attaching just two pics of the horrid bed-bug bites but my arms and legs are full of these and will be now visiting my chemist to treat them.

Hostelle, Manager at Hostelle, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Miss,

I am sorry that you experienced inconvenience during your stay at Hostelle. With so many visitors from all over the world it can happen that bedbugs are transported from one hostel to another. We have taken immediate precautions to eliminate them an prevent them from re-entering the hostel by hiring a professional company. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards,