“Charming”

Cityden Museum District City Suites
Ranked #219 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This is a charming boutique hotel, a mere 5-minute walk from the Museumplein. A tram station is located nearby (a 2-minute walk). The room was small, but nicely designed. The breakfast was excellent! The hotel is located in a quiet area so nobody will bother you at night. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

So I really LOVED this hotel.

I'm a self-confessed slave to nice design, beautiful-ness, slightly and romantic ideals, and quirkiness and this hotel appealed to everything I love!

I was sold by the funky looking decor and pretty chairs based on the pictures on the Internet and was slightly nervous that it would turn out to be clever photography... But it wasn't.

So, some of the visual things that I loved about this hotel to give you a feel for it:

- the quirky chairs in reception (as pictured)
- the net curtains with the silhouettes in Delft pottery patterns
- the selection of Delft plates placed in a great arrangement
- the modern photo-montage version of Vermeer's 'Girl with a Pearl Earring'
- the funky 'space-saving' dining room in which dishwasher, cooker, fridge, bin etc are cleverly hidden in the wall!
- the personalised (to the hotel obv!) wallpaper in the bedrooms

And some of the things I generally enjoyed about staying here...

- being brought a cup of tea as we were checking in as I was coughing a bit, with the mention that the lovely lady had already popped some honey in it!
- the mini stroopwaffels left in our room each day
- the absolute silence in the street at night
- the delicious continental breakfast each day... Croissants, pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurts etc etc
The brilliant Nespresso coffee machine!

Yes as some people have mentioned the rooms are quite small... But really that's no more than an observation, in that they're not massive! But who needs a big room?? More importantly for me they were beautiful, and very comfortable - and I felt like I was on holiday!

The staff were so helpful and kind and I loved every moment of it!

It took us 5 minutes to walk to the Museumplein, and may e 15 at a good pace to reach Leidesplein where many bars and restaurants are.

1  Thank JoLarcs
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in February. Great location within easy walking distance of museums, fashion district, leidesplein etc. stylish hotel with very attentive service and the only downside is the size of the rooms. That being said, we had read this previously so knew what to expect.
Upon arrival there was no coffee machine but this was promptly resolved by Phenny.
Overall this was a great value hotel for our stay - would recommend the nearby cafe loetje for dinner and drinks instead of the inflated prices in Amsterdam centrum.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Fiona G
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We just got back from this hotel and must say that we really enjoyed our stay. Staff was helpful, room was clean and cosy and the hotel has a great location. Albert Cuypmarket, Museumplein, Vondelpark and the centre are just minutes away.
We had the room on the ground floor and must admit that I was a little sceptical at first. It is located next to the breakfast area and just down the hall from the reception so I thought there was going to be some noise in the morning but I did not hear a sound which was great. Room was indeed pretty small but had a comfy bed and was clean so no reason to complain. If I must say something negative about the room it would be that the shower did not have a door causing a small flood in the bathroom.
Would definitely go back for another stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I am a local but don't live in the Netherlands anymore. Felt very at home there. Tiny rooms but so nicely and cool decorated that it all makes up. Very nice diverse staff. Lovely owner whom likes a chat. Late night pot of tea offered.
Great location between 'the pijp' and 5min from Museum plein. Great comfy white bed!

Only thing I needed a numbered list of the tv channels :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My husband and i stayed at the hotel between 30/11-4/12. The staff was very lovely and helpfull.The room was very nice,clean and very quiet and has a coffee mashine.the hotel has an elevator and it's located just a few minutes by tram from the Dam,and a few minutes walk from a food and clothes market.Every morning we woke up to a pleasent smell of fresh backed goodies.In our next visit to amsterdam we will surely book at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Excellent stuff, help us with everything. nice furniture and decoration. Very small rooms, no place for two people, uncomfortable bed. Location is good, museum plein, good connection to airport. Shops and restaurants around.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple