Flower Market Hotel
Rho Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$321
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
  • Pool
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$353
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
US$362
US$343
US$651
US$384
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$318
Orbitz.com
US$931
US$814
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocation is brilliantcanal sidelate at nightbeds were comfortabledryertram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2012

First of all I have to say that I have been to a large number of budget 1 or 2 star hotels before all over the world and that I'm fully aware and prepared to what awaits me.

I however cannot accept:

1) the hotel lying to me about the private bathroom which in fact turned out to be outside our room. And although we did have a key to it what it meant that we didn't have a bathroom inside our room as promised. We actually had to go to the corridor in the middle of the night, open the door with key, then lock it from the inside with key, then lock it again from the outside which was very annoying. When we complained about it to the receptionist and asked for the refund or come form of discount to compensate the difference in what we were promised with what we had our complaints were completely ignored. No one even made an effort to apologise and explain.

2) the state of the room was appalling. Don't trust the pictures you see on the booking site. I attached the real pictures of the room. Not only it was so tiny that there were no floor space to open my suitcase it was completely run down. It was also DIRTY. I have hair on my pillow and a blood stain on my blanket. We would have left immediately but it was 11:30pm and we were exhausted after the travel.

I'm sure for the money they charge (we paid 75euros) you can find something better in Amsterdam.

PS there is a night club just outside the hotel, so don't expect a quiet night. Although, be ready to climb extremely steep and narrow stairs with your luggage (we stayed on the 5th floor!)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polasx
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel location is simply excelent, by the Singel, near the museums, Rembrant Square and the Dam Square. Good value for money is also important. Rooms are small but cleans and the beds are confortable and clean. Adequate bath rooms. Bad tv sets and quite steepy stairs. Gentle staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Positive
- location
- staff friendly
- the sheets e towls where clean
- hot water

Negative
- room without Windows
- old and bad looking room
- they didnt't clean the room and bathroom in 5 days!!!
- same spots in the carpete and wall
- the adapted socket of heater, hair dryer, mini bar and television stopped Work in the first day and they didnt't fixe in the 5 days!!!

• Stayed: May 2012