“Very harsh cancellation rules”

Easy Centre Apartments Amsterdam
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Easy Centre Apartments Amsterdam
Ranked #153 of 229 Speciality Lodging in Amsterdam
New Jersey
“Very harsh cancellation rules”
Reviewed 10 July 2007

I had booked an apartment for myself and a friend for 4 nights in early Oct 2007 but I had to cancel my vacation entirely in May because of family reasons. I was still charged 140 euros even though I gave 5 months advance notice. While I'm sure the apartments are fine, this is a huge charge ($178 U.S.) considering I gave them so much advance notice. Most hotels or apartments allow you to cancel with no charge up to 90 days prior to arrival. Not very cool at all

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank jk17dark

thessaloniki
Reviewed 23 January 2007

we tried to book a studio there as it seemed very good on the photos we saw on the net and the booking team there told us that we dont have to give a deposit just a credit card number and we pay there on arrival
we send all credit card information and after instead of making us a reservation they asked for the cvc code of the card via email
for anyone that knows if we had given this code they could use the credit card on the net as their own
anyway we booked through a travel agency at another hotel and we hope everything will ok
we are not suspicious guys but something didnt smell good in this situation as these guys had three different names for the same apartments on the web

Stayed January 2007

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Sackville
Reviewed 4 June 2006

I never got to stay here as my mother got sick and I had to cancel over one month before my arrival date.
Even after 7 emails the manager never acknowledged my cancellation.
They did, however, charge my Visa card 50 Euros.
I've never heard of charging a cancellation fee when one month's notice was given.
I'd be wary of this establishment as it appears to be run by crooks!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank daveynb
, owner and host at Easy Centre Apartments Amsterdam, responded to this review, 13 July 2006
I regret that this client was not reading the cancellations rules , what is pubished and were he was agree with the moment he finalised the booking.
For 15 years in the market and one of the same owners on the of 20 march 2005 regarding the second comment of client , we request the readers of this all to make an judgement by them selves.
No comments further and. I shall not write here what i personal think.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 March 2005

I have stayed here four times now and can highly recommend it. Such great times I have had in Amsterdam and at Centre Apartments! Only during one visit to Amsterdam did I stay somewhere else, and I missed the space, luxury and location of Centre Apartments. The apartments are located on a quiet pedestrian street just off of Warmoestraat (not too far from Centraal Station), where there are lots of bars, restaurants and cafes. It's like having your own place in Amsterdam, with your own private entrance, CD player, cable TV and kitchen facilities. And the price is comprable (or maybe even less) than regular hotels. The furnishings are nice, the apartments are clean and spacious. The "studios" are my personal favorite. I'm very happy to have found Centre Apartments when I first visited Amsterdam in 1995, and can't wait to go back again. Oh, and the sound of the church bells from Oude Kerk nearby is just fantastic. The owners are nice guys, too, just make sure to be clear about how many people will be staying and make sure you understand their booking procedures, which are a bit different than at most places.

• Stayed March 2002