Hotel La Boheme
US$137
US$448
US$423
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$464
US$354
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$186
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$366
US$240
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$115
1,154 results
All reviewssteep stairstop floorgreat locationhotel cattriple roomresident catno elevatorairport busmuseum ticketsheavy luggageshared bathroomfriendly hotelyogurtboiled eggsminute walkcontinental breakfastrooms are small
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed three nights at Hotel La Boheme and enjoyed my stay. The hotel's location was great and the staff was very friendly.

The room was clean although I personally found the carpet floor a little off-putting. I also wasn't a fan of the narrow and winding staircase which made me nervous every time I climbed it. The temperature of the shower also was erratic and the water would switch from cold to hot rather unexpectedly.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget but I don't know if I'd stay here next time I go to Amsterdam. The accommodations were fine but we were not completely thrilled with our room. The central location is definitely a major plus though.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

boys weekend away, nice and clean, really friendly host and really good breakfast, will go back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed recently with friends and it was perfect hotel for us- the room was clean and comfortable. We basically only slept and had a shower there and then went out and just wanted something clean, basic and in a good location - this fitted the bill.

The location is perfect - we walked everywhere - to all the museums, shops and up to the red light district. If you are interested in a weekend of sex, drugs and rock and roll I would say this hotel is not for you - they have a strict no smoking (cigarettes I think) and no drugs policy. I would say if this is what you're after then stay closer to the red light district. This policy suited us perfectly though.

The pubs and clubs around the hotel are really cool- they are open late and have a lot of Dutch people in which gives you a bit more of an authentic experience and means prices of local drinks/beer are good value. We went to Melkweg nightclub and it was great, I'd recommend going and it is literally round the corner. I didn't notice any pub noise to be honest, just a bit of tram noise in the morning but it wasn't noisy at all especially for somewhere so central. The stairs are quite steep and narrow, (I think this is typical of the architecture though) but that was no problem and I'm not the fittest and was on the top floor and had no problems!

Breakfast was nice - staff friendly if you needed advice with directions. When you arrive you get a map with some money off some attractions. The breakfast was also on until 11, which I thought was pretty good. Also the bus to the airport is right by the fountain near the hotel and only cost 4 euros, and took about 30mins.

In summary I would definitely recommend staying as excellent value for money/clean/comfortable/great location!!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I highly recommend staying in this hostel if you are visiting Amsterdam. It is very central with plenty of clubs and pubs around it and close to all major attractions eg Van Gough museum. It was very clean, breakfast was lovely and the staff really made us feel welcome and at home. You can get a bus to and from the airport outside the hostel. We all would definitely stay here again when we re-visit Amsterdam in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MacBee85
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Just a few steps from Leidseplein square with its many tramway lines, and within 20-25 minute walk from the Central Station if you dont have too much luggage to schlep.
Rooms are tiny but this is Amsterdam after all, but impeccably clean. Staff is very nice and helpful. Great buffet breakfast to get you going each morning. Good value for your money.

Room Tip: Single rooms are downstairs in the basement but do not panic - there is in fact a small courtyard that your room overlooks into so no claustrophia attacks !
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo