“Clean, pleasant hotel in a great central location”
Review of Hotel La Boheme

Hotel La Boheme
Ranked #37 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Los Angeles, CA
“Clean, pleasant hotel in a great central location”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My wife and I stayed in a double room (2 twin beds) opposite the street on the 4th floor. Room was clean and quiet. Reasonable size for the price. Free wifi in the room, and a small safe as well. Staff was helpful with good recommendations for activities and sightseeing. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Stayed at the hotel for a week in one of the single rooms. It's in the basement and 3 rooms share a common bathroom & shower. The rooms are decent and well equipped - very cozy. The shower and toilet are extremely small though clean. The room has a safe, TV, phone & AC/Heater. It overlooks the backyard where you can smoke. The breakfast is nice & delicious bt repetitive. The owner is the sweet and helpful and can store your luggage.
The best part about the hotel is the location. It's at Leidseplein and a direct bus is available for the airport and also its right net tot he tram stop. Its a 2 minute walk from the museum square. Stay here for the location.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Coastal Maine
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I stayed for 3 nights in a single downstairs, with a shared bathroom. Simple yet pleasant accomodations, with a window that looked out to an enclosed courtyard. Since it faced the back, I was not aware of any construction noise. The breakfast is exactly what had been described in other reviews, so i knew what I was getting. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast area and the food- it was just right.

The staff is really what made me feel at home here. At check-in, they were very informative. At breakfast, they were very friendly and went on line to give me a weather report for the day. And at check-out, they made sure I had all the information I needed to catch my bus to Paris. They also held my backpack all that last day so I could see the Van Gogh museum unencumbered and catch my last sights of this wonderful city. That was a great value to me.

I chose it for the location and loved it for the people. I certainly missed the English-speaking staff when i got to Paris. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Bucharest
Reviewed 11 March 2009

My husband and I stayed there for 5 nights on a short vacation.
Very nice people welcomed us before even getting to Amsterdam. They explained in detail how we can reach them from the airport and it only took us 45 minutes to get there from the airport. We had a twin room and it was pretty confortable, maybe a bit too little. When we arrived, the beds were spread against facing walls and the bathroom door wouldn't open entirely, but we moved to beds toghether near each other and we solved the problem. Breakfast was pretty much ok, not very varied but there were boiled eggs, a toaster, 2 types of cheese and 2 types of ham, honey, chocklate and peanuts cream, butter, yoghurt, cold milk, cereals (3 types), 2 types of juice...and this would be it. They also offered tea and coffee. The coffee was particularly tasty. They offered us a city map, general information about the city, very nice people who answered to whatever question we had. We has to give a 20 Euro deposit for the room-key, which they returned to us the day before we left.

The room was pretty clean, they changed the towels every day and they vaccuumed the room once while we were there. We also borrowed from them bookd to read and a chess board.

There is a hotel under construction right in front of the hotel, but we were not bothered at all by noice or on the street. There is also a tram crossing in front of the hotel...but we were also not disturbed by the noise.

What we didn't like:
- they have a cat at the reception...and it may also walk on the tables where you eat your breakfast;
- the new towels were put on the floor before they were brought into the room;
- the window wouldn't close properly, so the air in the room was "naturally" refreshed. But there was a proper heater in the room so the temperature was ok, we could stay in t-shirts with no problem.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank inelusha
Connecticut
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at La Boheme in Amsterdam. We arrived very early in the morning on our flight from the US and the hotel quickly got our room ready for us and let us check in very early. The room was clean and the staff during our stay was very friendly. We loved the breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, great coffee, and deli meats and cheeses. Our first night, we were near the side of the hotel where construction was occuring across the street, but it did not bother me much (but my fiance had a little trouble sleeping in the morning once they began). We loved being able to walk to Leidensplein, a main square in the city, and we walked to all other areas of interest including the Van Gogh Museaum, the Red Light District and great places to eat as well. We were able to take trams to other places like the Ann Frank house, and even able to take a very affordable bus directly outside the hotel right to he airport, which was terrific! We liked the hotel so much that we re-booked it for the tail-end of our trip almost 4 weeks later and they were equally as accomodating and friendly as in the beginning of our trip. We really enjoyed it there and will surely stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Stay here was amazing. The hotel is located in a very nice area. Right next to Leidsplein (very lively area). Everything is within walking distance from this hotel.

The staff is amazing. So friendly and accommodating.

I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Liked — The staff were amazing
  • Stayed October 2008
Sunderland, UK
Reviewed 23 October 2008

I stayed at La Boheme for five nights earlier this month and have to say that it was a very good hotel. The room was very clean and had an en-suite bathroom. The staff at the hotel were very courtious and helpful as well.
The location of the hotel is excellent too as it is located just around the corner to the Leidseplein which is one of the main areas of nightlife in Amsterdam.
Overall I was very impressed and would gladly stay there again.

• Liked — The location of the hotel, the staff and the general comfort of the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing sticks out in my mind as being too bad.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)