“Not good”
Review of Hotel Atlantis

Hotel Atlantis
Ranked #105 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Avoid this hotel. The room on the ground floor we had smelled so bad from some kind of issue with the plumbing. The room had no windows and was cramped to say the least. Also, my card was blocked for the room fee and still hasn't been cleared when I actually paid in cash at the hotel. They told me it would take 9 days to clear, I travel with work regularly and any blocks on my card are usually cleared instantly.
Like most Amsterdam hotels, this one is over priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAMIEN O

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is nice enough, the rooms were clean and basic done in a modern style, quite small but thats fine if you just want to sleep, the bed was very comfortable. On the negative side the safe and the phone in my room didn't work and I only managed to connect to the wifi on one occasion, which was mildly annoying but my main criticism would be that it was quite noisy, I was repeatedly woken up by the sound of doors slamming. The main door to my room had a dampner on it so I can't understand why there was so much noise from other doors. I would suggest that the cleaning staff are made aware of this as they were partially responsible and probably completely unaware of how loud it is in guests rooms. Especially for people like me who sleep late!

On a seperate note if you do stay there make sure you check out Hutspot, its a shop/cafe around the corner, their sandwiches and cakes are fab.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Champers_52
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at this over-priced and unfriendly hotel while attending a conference at RAI. The prices were inflated because of the crowds in Amsterdam. I found little to recommend this place. At least it was acceptably clean. I would not stay there again, nor recommend it to friends. Surely Amsterdam can do better.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank constantParis
Reviewed 1 October 2013

at first I was not really happy with this hotel, but then when I heard what my colleague was experiencing at the "v" it kinda put it into perspective. From a functional point of view everything was working, the bed was quite okay actually (it's pretty soft - depends if you like soft mattresses), the heating worked, the shower was ok, but in general it all just didn't feel clean even though it probably was and that's because everything is so old... but if you can live with that, it's actually quite ok. I did not take the breakfast (it's 9 euro). Locationwise it was pretty easy for me because the 4 goes to the RAI where I attended a conference, but also goes to rembrandt plein and then the central station.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had no trouble finding Hotel Atlantis. The tram from the train station arrives very close by. Loved being close to the canals and some funky cafes. Found it easy to walk to most places and tram connections were excellent. Unfortunately there was some construction going on at the hotel so it was a bit noisy and one day, we woke up with workers on our balcony so opening the curtains and the door to the patio was out of the question. The staff was nice, but did not always give accurate info - they can't know everything! We loved Amsterdam and the price at Hotel Atlantis fit our budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gypsy_chacha
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed for four nights in in this small, simple and clean hotel on the edge of the central district of Amsterdam. It has a swath of really nice parks and streets with lots of restaurants, cafes and bars but hardly a tourist in sight as you go towards the very touristy centre. As others have said there is a good tram service nearby. The room was small and clean. The public areas of the hotel are very limited. I didn't take breakfast so I cant comment.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back if you do not want to hear the traffic
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gerard1965
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Very nice, clean and welcoming. Our room had a shared balcony, not realizing until late that evening but spoke to the hotel staff and were given a new room without any problems. A bit of a distance to walk from the town centre, but only 10 mins on the tram, which is 30 sec walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com