“Quick Fresh Great Value Delicious”
Review of Hartenkaas - CLOSED

Hartenkaas
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: This is a sandwiches shop.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Don't be put off by the 'basic' looking Sandwich shop. There is a HUGE choice of warm and cold sandwiches all priced at 4.80. The ham and cheese is all whole at the counter and he cuts it fresh to order. There is a choice of brown and white bread. The sadnwiches were delicious - no complaints from either my husband or myself. It's a great choice for lunch while wandering 9 streets.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Fantastic sandwich shop in the centre of Amsterdam just around the corner from Anne Frank's Huis. Was so pleased with the place, ended up returning three times. All sandwiches were freshly made, bread was fresh and the filling options were more than you could get through. Price was reasonable whilst the owners were polite and helpful by handing out translated versions of he menu. You have the option to take out or to have in and each time chose to stay in which, I have to say, was my only gripe as it was too cramped. The warm satay sandwich was to die for!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Came here a couple of times for a cheap lunch during our visit to Amsterdam. 2 amazing hot sandwiches and cokes for 13 euros. They have a small seating area, if you want to eat indoors and also free wifi. Particularly recommend the Chicken Satay and Pork with Garlic Sauce sandwiches. Staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I just returned from our first trip to Amsterdam. I stumbled across a recommendation for this wonderful sandwich and cheese shop. We took the self-guided "9 Street" walk and this cafe/sandwich shop is at the end. The bread is fresh baked, the meat is cut right in front of you, and there is a large selection of vegetarian options.
All the staff were pleasant, but the young lady working there was especially nice and made a heck of a sandwich. We were in Amsterdam for four days, and ate lunch here on three of the days. Worth the walk!!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I work nearby and this is the place I choose as the best to have my lunch. They have a big list of different sandwiches for 4,5€ each. The guys working there are really friendly. I'm sure you won't feel hungry after it! They have some small tables inside but if it's sunny I recommend you to take your sandwich and go to the Homomonument near Westerkerk. Enjoy it

2  Thank juanmacuevas