Royal Coster Diamonds

from US$14.75
from US$29.44
from US$472.02
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We were looking forward to seeing the diamond museum and taking the tour. The museum was interesting and had alot of information about the diamond trade throughout the history of Amsterdam. We booked prior to going on viator to skip the queue, but to be honest there was no queue to skip. So you probably don't need to book in advance for the museum.
The tour however was a bit of a dissapointment. On arriving we were greeted and met our guide who gave us a brief explanation of the cutting and grading of the diamonds. We were then shown upstairs expecting to carry on the tour but we were led into basically a showroom full of jewellery and diamonds in glass cases. We very much got the feeling we were 'expected' to be purchasing something of significant value. When it became clear we would not be buying anything the guide seemed to quietly slip away. If you have the money there is plenty to choose from, but as a simple tourist interested in seeing the diamond cutting and grading process this was not what we expected at all. A bit of an anti climax to what we thought would be an in depth look behind the scenes.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We book a tour to Coster Diamonds, because in Amsterdam you have some possibilities to go inside the diamond shops. We choose them. When we arrived, nobody wants to care with us, because we had 3 children - it was saw that we are not there for buying. After the third announcement that we are here, we get a lady for a tour. She was really nice for 10minutes, but after she went away. The tour is announced for 45minutes, but you know, we are not potencial buyers.
Otherwise, the lady show us diamond rings and my daughter and her friend could try them, then the teenage girls has fun.
Also, you can buy pendant for 125euros with special price (in July of 2016), or a 0,1 carat brilliant for 15euros as a gift (funny idea).
The Coster Diamonds has a 201 facet diamond, which is really more brillant than the 57facet brilliants. If I buy a diamant in a future, it will be the 201facet Coster one. It worth to see it.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank zsszn
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Amazing diamond experience, we went here with the Tours and Tickets ''Amsterdam Day tour'' and it included a guided tour. They teach you about the different cuts, finishes etc. They have private rooms where they show you the diamonds from small carats to the largest one. For common knowledge, for buying a gift or for a fun tour I recommend this tour!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I expected more from this place, I thought it's gonna be more diamonds on show. It is nice place to go if you have a lot of money and can afford to purchase. But at least it is free admission and it was worth seeing it. It is interesting to see how they make diamonds to look amazing.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I went in here as my ticket to the diamant museum gave access to it. It was a lot better than I expected (as I'm not really that into diamonds). One of the staff gave me a guided tour, I saw diamonds been polished and I also saw the worlds smallest polished diamond. It is worth a visit and the shop at the end is good