Royal Coster Diamonds

from US$14.75
from US$29.44
from US$472.02
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2018

Mostly replicas of famous pieces, royalty and celebrities wearing said pieces and some general info about diamonds.. I don't know what I expected for 10 euros, but I was indeed underwhelmed.

Date of experience: November 2018
pamela d, Front Office Manager at Royal Coster Diamonds, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Dear MakeupArtist40,

Thank you for taking time to send a review.
May I ask if your review is concerning your visit to the Diamond Museum Amsterdam or to Royal Coster Diamonds
Polishing Factory.

with kind regards.

Reviewed 22 November 2018

admittedly lots of opportunity to buy both hi end (diamonds) and lo end(typical tourist stuff) merchandise made for leaving the bld a bit cumbersome and one weavers through several shops..but was most interesting was the opportunity to see 3rd generation diamond cutter/polishers at work..worth the effort with a good guide.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

There seemed to be a lot of cubic zirconias on display. Must have been since there seemed to be no security. I went right before closing and had plenty of time to see the whole museum. Next door, you can see diamonds being polished and cut. Not included with museum admission but I almost regret not doing that instead.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We wandered in wanting to learn about how diamonds are made. After a few minutes, a woman came in and showed us examples of how the diamonds are cut. She then directed us to followed her under the pretense of showing us more examples. Instead, she led us through two buildings to a diamond store where the “exit” was to another shop that exited to another and then another (not exaggerating). I have never understood the definition of tourist “trap” until I went here.

Also I was promised a free gift, which I just now realized should have tipped me off to what this place really was.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018

This song be the highlight of your stay in Amsterdam but it is something that's worth doing to fill a bit of time. It's half interesting half boring. But the thrill for the side to try on a £54,000 ring made it worthwhile.
My advice? If you're passing visit.....if youre not,don't.

Date of experience: October 2018